Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havertz...

Havertz...

I'm actually getting the hump with the hate he's getting? I didn't really watch him much at Chelsea. I remember him being a phenomenal young talent at Bayer. What I have seen is someone who's very calm and controlled on the ball, who happens to be a giant, which is very useful.

I don't get the hate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I'm actually getting the hump with the hate he's getting? I didn't really watch him much at Chelsea. I remember him being a phenomenal young talent at Bayer. What I have seen is someone who's very calm and controlled on the ball, who happens to be a giant, which is very useful.

Thought he did okay yesterday, was clearly shattered by 75 minutes

It’s the fee. Fans fear another Pepe scenario. It does seem somewhat inflated. Arteta is clearly at pains to make it work given the outlay.
    I assume this bizarre reshuffle with Partey as RB is an attempt to accommodate Havertz as a starter.
    I’m not convinced it’s working but these things need time, I suppose.
    If this is a sign of things to come then we really do need an actual RB.

I feel a bit like Arteta is shoehorning him in the starting 11,
    I assume he was brought in for the Xhaka Role, But then I thought perhaps Declan Rice would do that too,

I wouldn't mind seeing Rice and Partey in midfield and maybe put Havertz up front for now. When Jesus is back I really don't know how they will all fit.

It will either work or Arteta will soon change it hopefully.

I think what he cost is the main issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I feel a bit like Arteta is shoehorning him in the starting 11,
    I assume he was brought in for the Xhaka Role, But then I thought perhaps Declan Rice would do that too,

I wouldn't mind seeing Rice and Partey in midfield and maybe put Havertz up front for now. When Jesus is back I really don't know how they will all fit.

It will either work or Arteta will soon change it hopefully.

Adding to that, I don’t get the persistence with Eddie. He’s plainly never going to be the answer. If he were sold tomorrow, we’d be lucky to get 25-30m for him and yet we’re reportedly holding out for 45-50m for Balogun ?

You can never have too many BFG's about the place.* Please do not tell my wife I said that

*Obviously you CAN, of course, but you know what I mean.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I think the Partey at right back thing will cease when Zinchenko is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

IMO at these crazy market rates going around at, 65m is a drop in the ocean for a 24yo with bags of CL and top flight experience who is very versatile. It's not his fault he cost that either. Out of his hands, all he can do is perform on the pitch and he's doing his job imo.

With Xhaka now gone I miss having a focal point player for my frustrations. Gabriel is the closest as he's a bit of a bozo sometimes but I generally like the majority of this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Adding to that, I don’t get the persistence with Eddie. He’s plainly never going to be the answer. If he were sold tomorrow, we’d be lucky to get 25-30m for him and yet we’re reportedly holding out for 45-50m for Balogun ?
    Eddie played well imo, 7s. He's our second choice no. 9 and in that context I think we're doing very well. No comment on the chip