Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just watched 2-3 mins of the WWC semi.....

Just watched 2-3 mins of the WWC semi.....

I've only ever watched a few snippets of Arsenal Ladies and they were played like an EPL game - fast and furious.

But this match now is like a usual intl knock-out game. Very slow cat and mouse.

Why is that? Is it true for all the WWC games? Why is intl so boring for both men's and women's? Makes the old Serie A look like a 3rd round cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I've only ever watched a few snippets of Arsenal Ladies and they were played like an EPL game - fast and furious.

But this match now is like a usual intl knock-out game. Very slow cat and mouse.

Why is that? Is it true for all the WWC games? Why is intl so boring for both men's and women's? Makes the old Serie A look like a 3rd round cup tie.
    What I will say, is the commentary is awful!! Rachel Finnis-Brown has said nothing of any use that entire 1st half.

Generally WSL games are fast and furious because most teams are shi t, so you can press them into mistakes far easier. The top level matches are far more cagey

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    What I will say, is the commentary is awful!! Rachel Finnis-Brown has said nothing of any use that entire 1st half.

Generally WSL games are fast and furious because most teams are shi t, so you can press them into mistakes far easier. The top level matches are far more cagey
    I think it's been a good game (I have German commentary so just tuning it out). It's England beating Australia hopefully - who cares how. I miss Leah and Beth though - particularly Leah

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think it's been a good game (I have German commentary so just tuning it out). It's England beating Australia hopefully - who cares how. I miss Leah and Beth though - particularly Leah
    Did they just take off Kevin de Bruyne's sister?

Really good game. Especially if it stays like this!!

We're still a bit too open for my liking

We're still a bit too open for my liking
    Our Alessia

Our Alessia
    She's one of our own!!!!!

She's one of our own!!!!!
    And a freebie

Yep. Come on, our girls! As the man said

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."