Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am not too concerned about a pre season friendly defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Fair play. I don't really count him, though. That was just signing a great teenager like Gabby M2. Dunno if I'd really count Cesc. Both were signed knowing they'd send up in the first team. That's not the same with Eddie. Which is sort of shown by the fact that the Chavs let him go while Barca were fuming about Cesc. But all right, I'll give you NB52.
    Ironically Bendtner wasn't actually the young star forward signed that summer for the youth team. That would have been Arturo Lupoli. Who went on to be a below average forward in the lower leagues in Italy. Still, him and Bendtner tore it up for the reserves that season. We had quite the forward line. Even young Anthony Stokes had to play in midfield just to fit everyone in the team.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Ironically Bendtner wasn't actually the young star forward signed that summer for the youth team. That would have been Arturo Lupoli. Who went on to be a below average forward in the lower leagues in Italy. Still, him and Bendtner tore it up for the reserves that season. We had quite the forward line. Even young Anthony Stokes had to play in midfield just to fit everyone in the team.
    Didn't we loan 3 players to Steve Bruce's Brum and get them promoted. Nicky B, Seb Larson and someone else.

I actually liked Bruce as a manager {not as a Manc player, obv.}. He respected us. Told his fans they should be grateful to Arsène but that there was no hope of them keeping Nicky B cos he's rarely seen such a talented 19 year old and he'd end up in the AFC first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Didn't we loan 3 players to Steve Bruce's Brum and get them promoted. Nicky B, Seb Larson and someone else.

I actually liked Bruce as a manager {not as a Manc player, obv.}. He respected us. Told his fans they should be grateful to Arsène but that there was no hope of them keeping Nicky B cos he's rarely seen such a talented 19 year old and he'd end up in the AFC first team.
    Yeah Muamba. Bendtner was a very young 18 year old going on that loan. Literally turned it around the month he went. Had one of our best ever loan showings for Brum which saw straight into the Arsenal first team squad next season.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM