Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looked good last night. But can anyone remember the last time we scored a direct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yeah, but he didn't start for a while. But if he only did it for 6 seasons, that's 2.5 a year when we've scored one in the last 2 years.

According to this, in the EPL, Beckham has scored 18, Ward-Prowse {who he?} 17, and Ronaldo, Zola and Titi 12 each.

3= in the all time list is quite prolific, no?

https://khelnow.com/football/2023-01...league-history

I remember watching one vs Juve from the North Bank. He was shooting against Buffon in the Clock End goal. As he was standing over the ball, the goal seemed to grow and I thought "wow, there's so much space." Top corner with Buffon static.

{I also remember a penalty vs Inter. We were 2-0 down before HT, attacking the CE. Got a pen. As Titi was waiting to start his run up, the goal shrank and I thought "there's no space for him to be able to score." He missed.}

But given the skill of Ødin and Saka {et al} we should be able to score at least 2 a season like Titi did, imo.
    I mean look at the figures. The most prolific have such low numbers. Just a bonus imo
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 07-20-2023 at 01:40 PM.