Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twenty-two years ago.

Twenty-two years ago.

Internet café in a Strasbourg department store with a bottle of claret and a plate of rabbit stew, waiting quietly for the wife while she argued loudly over a five-piece suite she wanted; first came across THIS place, just as some poor sap was getting pelters over his outrageous claim we were signing Sol Campbell. An accountant, he said his colleagues in the next office were working with the principals on the deal at that very moment.

Bloke was never seen here again.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Internet café in a Strasbourg department store with a bottle of claret and a plate of rabbit stew, waiting quietly for the wife while she argued loudly over a five-piece suite she wanted; first came across THIS place, just as some poor sap was getting pelters over his outrageous claim we were signing Sol Campbell. An accountant, he said his colleagues in the next office were working with the principals on the deal at that very moment.

Fairly sure I confirmed it on here. Was speaking with a Sun journo and together we put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was unlikely the club would have called a surprise media conference for Richard Wright. I wouldn't say I was ITK, it just made sense

22 years?

Noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    22 years?

Noob.
    10 characters

A bottle of claret while waiting for the missus to complete her shopping?

Well played, r.

Apparently the club have cancelled all tours etc on the 8th of July?

Does this mean Kane will casually walk in behind Arteta?

Right

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    22 years?

Noob.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

German, see, so she's never forgiven me for living in France. Particularly THIS BIT of France.

Basically my life is like living in The Iliad; drunk, pissing money up the wall on ****e and fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    A bottle of claret while waiting for the missus to complete her shopping?

Well played, r.

German, see, so she's never forgiven me for living in France. Particularly THIS BIT of France.

Basically my life is like living in The Iliad; drunk, pissing money up the wall on ****e and fighting.
    That makes me insanely jealous, red

Although there are rumours of my Frenchie company moving me to Paris to work. Should I move to Paris, red?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That makes me insanely jealous, red

Although there are rumours of my Frenchie company moving me to Paris to work. Should I move to Paris, red?

I wouldn't, currently