Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling TP and GX for 30 mil combined is insane.

Very good, F.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Trusty the Process innit.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Trusty. CB, 6'4 pacey big black lad. Loaned out to Birmingham last year and was their player of the season. Full Yank international now too. Oh and left footed. He'll be an easy sell with that profile.

I can't see Sambi bringing in anywhere close to £10m. Looked out of his depth in the UEFA cup. Not to mention had a cruiciate injury before joining the Arsenal. I'd say Gwendo and Torriera were massive levels above Sambi. They fall into the Tierney bracket. Where it doesn't matter how well they performed when played, Arteta just doesn't rate them. It's been Arteta's biggest flaw since being here. Completely devaluing certain players that looked potential World beaters.
    The worst was Dick Emery, though. We'd waited ages to get a DM - since we dropped Coq for Granit which is when things started to go wrong. We then get LT11 but Dick plays him as a no.10 so he can press further up. WT literal F?

Still think there could be a good player in Sambi, though.

Chapeau, Pat.

Looking like we're getting £21m for GX, good business.

It's so good, in fact, it ought to be his nickname. Similar to that other American chap "The Situation"; "The Process".

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's so good, in fact, it ought to be his nickname. Similar to that other American chap "The Situation"; "The Process".
    he is doomed though. one mistake and he's Trusty the clown.

Still looks a huge gamble to me. That we're basically dumping two of the league's best performers and directly replacing them with Rice and Havertz. Even though I could see Havertz possibly out perform GX in the final 3rd (where Granit was actually brillant last year too) I just can't see how he's going to give us defensive stability on that side.

Then there's the big elephant in the room. That despite how good Rice is. He didn't perform better than Partey last season. These deals could well be a sideways step to go forward a few years down the line.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Still looks a huge gamble to me. That we're basically dumping two of the league's best performers and directly replacing them with Rice and Havertz. Even though I could see Havertz possibly out perform GX in the final 3rd (where Granit was actually brillant last year too) I just can't see how he's going to give us defensive stability on that side.

Then there's the big elephant in the room. That despite how good Rice is. He didn't perform better than Partey last season. These deals could well be a sideways step to go forward a few years down the line.
    Slightly unfair, you could see he was West Ham's best player by a distance in a fairly average side

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Slightly unfair, you could see he was West Ham's best player by a distance in a fairly average side
    I'm not denying that. But if we're honest about it. The whole last season the debate was always about who was the league's best cm, Partey, Casemiro or Rodri. Rice despite being very good wasn't at that table last year. I support the signing 100% all the same.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

I'm not denying that. But if we're honest about it. The whole last season the debate was always about who was the league's best cm, Partey, Casemiro or Rodri. Rice despite being very good wasn't at that table last year. I support the signing 100% all the same.
    They always ignore players down the table, look at his numbers and he's right up there