Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
I'd imagine knocking £350'000 a week in wages off the books is playing a big part in this. Although i still don't like it. Sending Partey to some extremist Muslim Country I get. He'll be a hero for his sex life over there. We'll probably be looking at some more wonga coming in too.

Tierney £25m. I don't like the idea of selling him but clearly the manager doesn't rate him.
Balogun or Eddie. £35m
Holding. 10m
Pepe. £5m
Tavares £8m
Cedric Free
Trusty £10m
Lonkonga £5m
Hang on. Who's trusty?

I think Sambi should be worth a lot more than that. There's a good player in there somewhere. Capt of Anderlecht when we bought him at 22.

Trouble is that he's a normal MF. So he doesn't really play that left 8 role GX was playing. {And we have ESR, Fabio and now Kai who can play there.}

So in Europe last season, MA ended up trying him as a DM. I remember him getting caught out of position once, but other than that, he looked decent, but was learning on the job.

In a conventional 3-man MF - i.e. 4, 8, 10 or two box-to-box and one 10 - he could be decent. We thought we'd got a bargain in his first half-season when he was playing.

If the choice was only 5 mil, I'd rather loan him to a team where he'll start every week and then see what he's worth at the end of the season.

Some mid-table prem teams would love to have a MF of him, Gwendo and Torriera.