Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
Pépé will have cost about £1m per game and £5m per goal on transfer fee alone. Plus wages.

I would like to see GX stay, especially if we're only going to get £13m. I'd also prefer to see KT and ESR still here next season.
Agree with all that. Like IUFG, I'm sure MA did a deal with him so he could leave, but after a season like that, 13 mil is far too cheap. You could get 3 seasons out of him in the prem, more in a European league. FFS we'd have won the league if we hadn't had those 3 draws in a row starting at Anfield. And he played every game.

Something like 16 goals+assists. And playing in a role where he's not the main man, there are 4 starry, creative goalscorers ahead of him to get the glory.

If 32 year old Jorgy was 12m, why do we sell 30 yr old TP5 for 17m? Jorgy was cover for TP, and GX would be great cover for Ødin or the new lad for the same money. GX could come on for one of them when we want to see a game out.

Yeah, I get the wages are probably the issue, but Ganpati willing, those two would have been easily able to see us through the group stages of the CL, or to cover against PL teams after a hard CL tie.

If Sambi's going, and with Mo injured, we shouldn't ditch those two or we remain light in MF if we get injuries. Buying Leo gave us some great bench cover for once. Him and ESR {plus Eddie and Fabio and RN} cover the front 4. Tommy, Kiwior, the new lad {if we get him} and KT {as it stands} cover the defence. I'm happy with all those players starting. But in MF, we only have Jorgy if we let them both go.

TP5 is also an option for an inverted RB {if Zinny was injured - could play Kiwior at LB} or as an option for L or R 8 when we want to close the game down.

And it's nice to have a bit of experienced aggression.

Basically, if we were financially doped like City, we'd just keep them until their contracts end. And I'd hate it if injuries in the run in hit us for the third season on the trot simply because we can't afford to cheat like they do.