Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rice or not. we are really

Rice or not. we are really

f**king bad at transfers.

I know ours tend to get highlighted in the press quite a bit more but we are bloody awful.

Oh, well. At least we DID get the big one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...d-for-arsenal/

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I know ours tend to get highlighted in the press quite a bit more but we are bloody awful.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

We just aren't. We simply cannot compete with state owned clubs (or clubs operated by an idiot). We cannot simply hand over huge amounts of money in 1 or 2 instalments & we won't pay £350k per week (at least not currently) or offer God knows what other non-taxable benefits.

We're not though- we just have a pathetically high number of baby fans who cry on Twitter every day about this that and the other. Where do you think Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jorginho, Troddard, Kiwi, Tomyasu etc came from, P? The ****ing magic transfer fairy?

Also compare the way we got Havertz done quickly do how United are doing with Mount. Not much made of that

I don't think we are tbh. Not now. We was awful... But I think the signings in the last two windows have been smart. We lost Mudryk, he hasn't done nothing at Chelsea. Trossard came in and is now arguably a first choicer imo.

Honestly don't give a rats arse if we land Rice. He's never a 100m player and I don't care for the "that's just the market these days argument."

If he really wants to come to Arsenal, West Ham will have to conceed something on the fee. If he ends up going to City because the oil c*nts will overpay him. Bye. Onto the next. Honestly don't think he's worth the hissy fits Arsenal fans are having over the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We're not though- we just have a pathetically high number of baby fans who cry on Twitter every day about this that and the other. Where do you think Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Odegaard, Martinelli, Jorginho, Troddard, Kiwi, Tomyasu etc came from, P? The ****ing magic transfer fairy?

Also compare the way we got Havertz done quickly do how United are doing with Mount. Not much made of that
    Quite, and as Shaktar did with Mudryk, West Ham are (quite rightly, imo) pushing for a bidding war for their star player. We may well lose out on Rice but that's on Rice and his team more than Arsenal

Perhaps we should spend some ****ing money?

What's your view of this Havertz chap, la?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What's your view of this Havertz chap, la?
    I was worried when he went to Chelsea having seen a lot of him over here, but he has never fulfilled that potential. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in but definitely very talented

I was worried when he went to Chelsea having seen a lot of him over here, but he has never fulfilled that potential. Going to be interesting to see where he fits in but definitely very talented
    I'd never appreciated that he's 6'4"