Broad starting the summer very well

19-2 Oirish in bother already

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    19-2 Oirish in bother already
    and that was such a Stuart Broad review

347 runs in just 58 overs, this is a touch one sided

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    347 runs in just 58 overs, this is a touch one sided
    Out of interest, how many of the Oirish are actually Oirish? i.e born there as opposed to having an Oirish grandmother or summat

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Out of interest, how many of the Oirish are actually Oirish? i.e born there as opposed to having an Oirish grandmother or summat
    Based on how **** they are, I'd suggest most of them

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    8 out of the 11 are Irish born, one born in Zimbabwe, two in South Africa - so not bad (We had one Kiwi and 10 English-born)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    8 out of the 11 are Irish born, one born in Zimbabwe, two in South Africa - so not bad (We had one Kiwi and 10 English-born)
    Wish we still had some Saffas. How come the Convicts have got one? They used to come to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Wish we still had some Saffas. How come the Convicts have got one? They used to come to us.
    Think it was the mines that brought Marcus's family to Australia. So basically it is Thatcher's fault, gg.

What would you do with the spinner situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Think it was the mines that brought Marcus's family to Australia. So basically it is Thatcher's fault, gg.

What would you do with the spinner situation?
    God alone knows. Part of me thinks Moeen if he's up for it because:

His test average is about the same as JL's.
    He has the experience to deal with getting tonked when a new lad might go into his shell. He's dealt with pressure before.
    He can bat at 8, and that's where our weakness is without Woakes.
    He'll be good against their left-handers {though we miss JL for Smith and Laba-Shane.}
    He's always been a Bazball batter, bit like Stuey B was there ahead of the curve.
    And it would be a great redemption arc. Moeen resurrected by Bazball for one last Ashes-winning hurrah!.

I could see Stokes/Baz going with that young Ahmed kid. I just think they'd have wanted to bed him in a bit more instead of dropping him into an Ashes series.

Will Jacks has the same FC average as Joe Root, so no point in him given he's an offie like Root.

Ask for green seamers and go with Jimmy, Olly, Broad and Wood? With Stokes if poss for a few overs of reverse? Don't think they will. Think they like a spinner. So Mo, if not young Raheem. {Obviously, I like sub-continental descendants in the side.}

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    God alone knows. Part of me thinks Moeen if he's up for it because:

His test average is about the same as JL's.
    He has the experience to deal with getting tonked when a new lad might go into his shell. He's dealt with pressure before.
    He can bat at 8, and that's where our weakness is without Woakes.
    He'll be good against their left-handers {though we miss JL for Smith and Laba-Shane.}
    He's always been a Bazball batter, bit like Stuey B was there ahead of the curve.
    And it would be a great redemption arc. Moeen resurrected by Bazball for one last Ashes-winning hurrah!.

I could see Stokes/Baz going with that young Ahmed kid. I just think they'd have wanted to bed him in a bit more instead of dropping him into an Ashes series.

Will Jacks has the same FC average as Joe Root, so no point in him given he's an offie like Root.

Ask for green seamers and go with Jimmy, Olly, Broad and Wood? With Stokes if poss for a few overs of reverse? Don't think they will. Think they like a spinner. So Mo, if not young Raheem. {Obviously, I like sub-continental descendants in the side.}

What about you?
    Wouldn't argue with that - agree it is bit early for Ahmed so Mo was only logical choice. Still think they might go without a spinner (or with Joe Root as the main one) but looks like Mo will play at Edgbaston at least.