Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps they can announce Saka's new deal this week.

Perhaps they can announce Saka's new deal this week.

it would almost be like winning the league.

I won't be celebrating if the reported 300k(+) a week is true. Sorry he's NEVER worth that. Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I won't be celebrating if the reported 300k(+) a week is true. Sorry he's NEVER worth that. Not yet anyway.
    I am so pissed off JB. Everyone is spinning this season as a great achievement.
    It's one I won't think about fondly in anyway.

I think also there is this false belief that this is the start of something. I think it's a fluke we were on top for so long and normal service resumed next year.

we had 69 points last season. If we win this weekend. (Which we will probably will, maybe Wilshere can come on for a cameo and get goal of the season.) we'd finish on 84 so not massively better than last year imo (Where we lost 13 games)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I think also there is this false belief that this is the start of something. I think it's a fluke we were on top for so long and normal service resumed next year.

we had 69 points last season. If we win this weekend. (Which we will probably will, maybe Wilshere can come on for a cameo and get goal of the season.) we'd finish on 84 so not massively better than last year imo (Where we lost 13 games)
    Harsh, there's been a massive improvement in a very young squad (the youngest squad got relegated). We clearly ran out of steam and next year, they'll be a year older and stronger plus some additions to strengthen the depth of the squad. I fully expect us to be challenging again, especially if City get a points deduction/relegated.

Still think Arteta has a lot to learn as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Same. We need to be realistic. The 2nd half off the season we amassed 31 to 34 points. That's sh*t.

Our last 8 games run. DDDLWWLL. Garbage. Relegation form.

It's a shocking run of form to be in going into next season. The young squad argument isn't cutting it for me.

Same. We need to be realistic. The 2nd half off the season we amassed 31 to 34 points. That's sh*t.

Our last 8 games run. DDDLWWLL. Garbage. Relegation form.

It's a shocking run of form to be in going into next season. The young squad argument isn't cutting it for me.
    Good job we had 70+ points by that time......City aside, we drew with Liverpool away, beat Newcastle away and Chelsea at home. We clearly struggled against the sides fighting for their lives - which was hugely evident against Forest. They will learn from it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Good job we had 70+ points by that time......City aside, we drew with Liverpool away, beat Newcastle away and Chelsea at home. We clearly struggled against the sides fighting for their lives - which was hugely evident against Forest. They will learn from it
    I'm more than happy to see what we can do next season with a transfer window and CL football. I'll reserve full judgement until then.

I just don't think we are as good as the collective Arsenal fan base and I'm slightly annoyed at the gushing over this squad considering our unenviable recent history of going on shocking runs. Arteta has some appalling drop off in forms under his belt - it's a worry.

I'm more than happy to see what we can do next season with a transfer window and CL football. I'll reserve full judgement until then.

I just don't think we are as good as the collective Arsenal fan base and I'm slightly annoyed at the gushing over this squad considering our unenviable recent history of going on shocking runs. Arteta has some appalling drop off in forms under his belt - it's a worry.
    Clearly hindsight is a wonderful thing but I do wonder if we'd have seen the drop off happen if AW had been involved in some capacity with the club. Might have made no difference whatsoever but an experience top level manager who MA could have turned to might have helped

As long as we continue to evolve and don't do a spurs and fall back into the pack then I'll just look at the positives

One would have thought if this deal was going to get done it would have happened while we were fighting for the title to give the fans an extra boost.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Positive things to take away from this season (look away Bunnell):

1) we finished second with over 80 points and have CL football and the revenue stream that goes with it, the days of 6th under Wenger were not that long ago, under Arteta and Edu we have progressed for the second year in a row
    2) Edu/Arteta have shown good decision making in the the transfer market again this year - Ziny, Jesus, Jorginho and Trossard being good examples
    3) we played some beautiful football, we were great to watch for most of the season
    4) time and again this very young team showed bottle; whether it was last minute winners after being two goals down, or coming back with strong performances after losses, the team has some balls. We lost to City and then won 7 straight league games, we lost to City again and then put in two of our best performances of the season again Chelsea and Newcastle away

Concerns (here you are Bunnell, you love this sh1t):

1) we lack depth at CB, Saliba being injured might have cost us the league - City has a number of good CBs, there are no Rob Holdings in their squad, the run of form Bunnell shows above started with Saliba being injured, he was definitely our best defender and up there for being our best player
    2) I'd like us to be more physical in midfield, Rice and/or Caceido would be perfect, we struggled too often when we were pressed and teams got physical with us
    3) Arteta has made a habit of forcing players out; he's made the right decisions mostly but ESR is baffling, it's high risk strategy that can go wrong
    4) I'm still not convinced on Jesus at no. 9, Martinelli might be a better choice