Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Esr

Esr

What has Arteta got against ESR?

TA6 MBE was calling for ESR's introduction at half time. When the change eventually came it was Viera who came on and did sweet FA.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

TA6 MBE was calling for ESR's introduction at half time. When the change eventually came it was Viera who came on and did sweet FA.
    A bit of a worry. Likewise, Tierney. Two very good young players completely side lined. Some injury mitigation but less towards the second half of the season.
    I found it very strange with both Zinchenko and Odegaard experiencing moments of poor form.
    Arteta really needs to embrace the concept of squad rotation. It’s clearly been a factor in fatigue.

Tierney and ESR are the new Torreira and Guendouzi. Despite blatantly being key players and proven in the league Arteta just doesn't rate them. The funny thing is we basically sold those two warriors and with the money clubbed together we probably still had to pay extra money to sign the awful Lokonga to play the same position.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

I get the distinct impression Arteta was trying to get us over the line with the players that had got us into that position.....which was daft

On the other hand, why change when everything's going so well.

This season's not really about us anyway; it's about Manchester City being so good/cheating, otherwise we win the title at a canter

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I get the distinct impression Arteta was trying to get us over the line with the players that had got us into that position.....which was daft
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post

I'll say it; I've never been overly enamored by ESR. Obviously he has some talent but what is his best position? Remember that he's 23 next month too...

Also - he's spoken before out struggles with his diet. I wonder whether there is an element of professionalism. Either way; if we are to be challenging for titles I do not see him as even being strong enough for our bench on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'll say it; I've never been overly enamored by ESR. Obviously he has some talent but what is his best position? Remember that he's 23 next month too...

Also - he's spoken before out struggles with his diet. I wonder whether there is an element of professionalism. Either way; if we are to be challenging for titles I do not see him as even being strong enough for our bench on a regular basis.
    I don't think ESR is the 100% fit you need to be to thrive in today's EPL which is a shame. The whole injury thing was sort of strange wasn't it? He' playing, then he's not, then he is... only then do they schedule surgery and he's crocked from that for ages. It must be something rather permanent I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    I don't think ESR is the 100% fit you need to be to thrive in today's EPL which is a shame. The whole injury thing was sort of strange wasn't it? He' playing, then he's not, then he is... only then do they schedule surgery and he's crocked from that for ages. It must be something rather permanent I fear.
    I suspect you’re right and what turns Arteta off is around the commitment to recovering from surgery. It is just a hunch but if true he’s doomed at Arsenal. Mikel expects you to give blood for the shirt.

No Tierney starting again today with a CB playing ahead of him. What a sad end to a highly respected players Arsenal career.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM