Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ashes

The Ashes

Archer out for the summer

and no Ben Foakes in the squad, by a distance the best wicketkeeper. Joke

Still the most interesting thing I ever saw about the cricket.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Archer out is a bugger but the Foakes thing makes sense for Ireland - let all seven batsman have a shoot out and can pick from there. I quite the idea of Stokes opening. Probably has a better technique than most. Foakes opening would be an option for me

Does it matter?

Given that it seems to rain endlessly in this godforsaken country when in f*cks name are they ever going to be able to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Does it matter?

Given that it seems to rain endlessly in this godforsaken country when in f*cks name are they ever going to be able to play it?
    Bazball only needs half the time, w. I'll be back for the rugby in a week or so so the sun will be out then. If its any consolation I was in Croatia last week and it pissed down for two day and then came back to Munich where it has rained relentlessly for weeks as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bazball only needs half the time, w. I'll be back for the rugby in a week or so so the sun will be out then. If its any consolation I was in Croatia last week and it pissed down for two day and then came back to Munich where it has rained relentlessly for weeks as well
    That's fair, seems to be a European thingy.

I'm in Paris twice a month and it's been pissing on me there as well.

Sunny in Villamoura, though.

That's fair, seems to be a European thingy.

I'm in Paris twice a month and it's been pissing on me there as well.

Sunny in Villamoura, though.
    Milan was moist as well

Milan was moist as well
    For those of us who don't keep up with these things but really enjoy the Ashes - is there strong or weak favourite either way?

For those of us who don't keep up with these things but really enjoy the Ashes - is there strong or weak favourite either way?
    I would make Australia strong favourites personally - amazing what McCullum and Stokes have achieved but I would say Australia are stronger in every area, particularly with Stokes's injury situation. Their bowling unit is impressive (and they have a spinner) and batting pretty strong as well. We rely too much on inspiration rather than perspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I would make Australia strong favourites personally - amazing what McCullum and Stokes have achieved but I would say Australia are stronger in every area, particularly with Stokes's injury situation. Their bowling unit is impressive (and they have a spinner) and batting pretty strong as well. We rely too much on inspiration rather than perspiration
    I think our batting is stronger but bowling, they edge it. Waiting for Bairstow to drop Smith on 7 and he then goes to make a daddy hundred.*

*No, I'm not going to let the Foakes omission go