Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well that’s rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Loser mentality at this club since we moved to the Emirates. at least that late 2000's team gave it a go.
    Doesn't seem to matter who the players are or the manager they just can't get the job done. if it's finishing 4th or winning a europa league we always fall apart.

Also everyone will be pleased we are back in Europe. I am not, unless the club take it seriously this summer. I think this year had been mainly a bit of a fluke. Everyone can blame city's billions, we spend plenty ourselves and we lost it it was in our hands and we beat ourselves.
    I'd say that's more down to the old class of George Graham dying off rather than the move to the Emirates. Those battled veteran warriors were key to getting the initial Wenger progect off the ground. They were the base to build from. Wenger basically started with about 5 captains on the pitch. He just needed to add the flair then.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You wanted him sacked when he was just over a year into the job, Bunnell. And you were wrong. Then you said we would capitulate after we lost to City at home and we won our next 7 league games. Again you were wrong. Then we lost to them away and you said we had capitulated again, followed by us beating Chelsea and Newcastle away which few expected. Again you were wrong.

You don't support this team, Bunnell, you hate them because they keep proving you wrong. There was no capitulation, we simply lost to an outstanding team who keep winning games making it impossible for us. Losing a game is not a capitulation, it's what happens in football.

And no one said we were great, we're the 2nd best team in the league, we know this because the table tells us this. We're also 2nd best to the best team in Europe and we're the youngest team in the league which is an achievement and gives us reason to be optimistic for the future.

Meanwhile you sit around pulling your scrawny little cock every time we lose a game because you use it as an opportunity to come on here and tell everyone who right you were. Pathetic.
    The level of coping you do is so cringe. Literal ostrich head in the sand mentality.

You only ever focus on these winning runs we go on and completely bury the catastrophic points dropping runs we do that completely derail the season.

I'd be wrong if we kept winning and winning, and didn't drop 9 out of 12 points like we did and you ignore. And lose at home to Brighton in a trashing... Like we did and you ignore. Sad man it's you who is wrong.

The difference between you & me is you're happy with such trivial garbage that history won't remember (a good performance away at Newcastle... Oooh how great) and I'll only be happy when we are the great trophy winning Arsenal of old.

I like the football we are playing at the moment and with some refinements we could potentially be great. That's why I'm happy for Arteta to stay but stop acting like he's the second coming of Christ.

His management is very much team motivational, inspirational "let's play great football boys" and it's great when it works but he has absolutely zero Plan B. He isn't great at adapting the play when it's not working. He's got a lot to prove. Will you continue to be happy with zero trophies? It's been 3 years and we just BLOWN our chance at the BIG one. BLOWN IT AWAY. Man City are better than us, always have said that, but we shouldn't have CAPITULATED like we did. Destiny was in OUR hands not City's. We didn't even have the distraction of other cups 'cos we got knocked out of them all like soft a*se losers. So how long you gonna w*nk yourself off at a young team at the expense of trophies? I need to see trophies in the next couple of years or Arteta can go... but he can stay for now because this team can play decent football and with CL next year we can really strengthen so let's see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    The level of coping you do is so cringe. Literal ostrich head in the sand mentality.

You only ever focus on these winning runs we go on and completely bury the catastrophic points dropping runs we do that completely derail the season.

I'd be wrong if we kept winning and winning, and didn't drop 9 out of 12 points like we did and you ignore. And lose at home to Brighton in a trashing... Like we did and you ignore. Sad man it's you who is wrong.

The difference between you & me is you're happy with such trivial garbage that history won't remember (a good performance away at Newcastle... Oooh how great) and I'll only be happy when we are the great trophy winning Arsenal of old.

I like the football we are playing at the moment and with some refinements we could potentially be great. That's why I'm happy for Arteta to stay but stop acting like he's the second coming of Christ.

His management is very much team motivational, inspirational "let's play great football boys" and it's great when it works but he has absolutely zero Plan B. He isn't great at adapting the play when it's not working. He's got a lot to prove. Will you continue to be happy with zero trophies? It's been 3 years and we just BLOWN our chance at the BIG one. BLOWN IT AWAY. Man City are better than us, always have said that, but we shouldn't have CAPITULATED like we did. Destiny was in OUR hands not City's. We didn't even have the distraction of other cups 'cos we got knocked out of them all like soft a*se losers. So how long you gonna w*nk yourself off at a young team at the expense of trophies? I need to see trophies in the next couple of years or Arteta can go... but he can stay for now because this team can play decent football and with CL next year we can really strengthen so let's see where it goes.
    I'm somewhere in the middle. I said he had to get top 4 this season and he's done that with a very young and relatively inexperienced side. Next year they should have the tools, knowledge and City getting at least a 20 point deduction, to win it.

I do think he struggles with a plan B but then again he's a very young manager who will learn but I do think he should get AW back in some capacity. His subs are still bewildering at times

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post

This is typical delusional Bunnell - I have never said he was the second coming of Christ or even a great manager, nor have I said I will be happy with him if we don't win any trophies (you are aware he has won one already are you?).

You wanted him sacked and endlessly criticised him and the team. I said that finishing second with the youngest team in the league is an achievement and there is therefore reason to be optimistic.

That's it. I'm looking forward to next season.

BTW I think you'll find - and it's just an opinion, of course - that we may have lost the league because Saliba was injured. Which is a criticism of the team, of course. We just didn't have the depth to make up for his loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm somewhere in the middle. I said he had to get top 4 this season and he's done that with a very young and relatively inexperienced side. Next year they should have the tools, knowledge and City getting at least a 20 point deduction, to win it.

I do think he struggles with a plan B but then again he's a very young manager who will learn but I do think he should get AW back in some capacity. His subs are still bewildering at times
    With you on all of that

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Still baffled why VAR didn't bail the Polish fella out for the first goal. That was GBH compared to Trossard's goal that was disallowed earlier in the season.
    didn't Ben White get pinged for a lot less than that and we had a goal chalked off?

didn't Ben White get pinged for a lot less than that and we had a goal chalked off?
    Yes - at Leicester which is the Trossard goal AAR refers to.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - at Leicester which is the Trossard goal AAR refers to.
    Ah yes Sure we had one last season as well, Holding? The player, not what the alleged foul was for

Ah yes Sure we had one last season as well, Holding? The player, not what the alleged foul was for
    There was one a few seasons back when Chambers was actually fouled against Palace yet VAR ruled the other way (we drew 2-2, might even have been the Xhaka meltdown game)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    There was one a few seasons back when Chambers was actually fouled against Palace yet VAR ruled the other way (we drew 2-2, might even have been the Xhaka meltdown game)
    That's the one! That was just daft. I really thought VAR would be good for the game but it's generally just an utter **** show