Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The aspect that disappoints most is how regularly City tear us up for arsepaper

The aspect that disappoints most is how regularly City tear us up for arsepaper

While acknowledging they’re in a league if their own, even United and that fiasco down the road sneak the odd result against them.
    I’d be happy with a draw at this point; lost count of the amount of times they’ve stuck three past us.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    While acknowledging they’re in a league if their own, even United and that fiasco down the road sneak the odd result against them.
    I’d be happy with a draw at this point; lost count of the amount of times they’ve stuck three past us.
    We defeat ourselves. That's why it's so annoying.

We done the same in the previous 3 games too. Liverpool we let them back into it and let the crowd back into it, West Ham the same, and Southampton.

I did wonder if we had any midfield at all last night at times the way they just ran through us.

I think Xhaka and Partey need to be replaced.

Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is we always fail towards the end. Wenger, Emery or Arteta,

The team needs to go back and watch the Mertesacker final and see how to play and beat a better team. 5 at the back that game with a low deep block and broke through the better team when they had to come on to us. Hell even against Liverpool early in the season we stuck the Jap in at left back to stop Salah. Now he plays a number 10 there and gives him a free role against the best team in the planet. Mental.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The team needs to go back and watch the Mertesacker final and see how to play and beat a better team. 5 at the back that game with a low deep block and broke through the better team when they had to come on to us. Hell even against Liverpool early in the season we stuck the Jap in at left back to stop Salah. Now he plays a number 10 there and gives him a free role against the best team in the planet. Mental.
    I'd rather we'd gone at them.....or at least done something, that was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Also watching them 'kick off' at the end of the game really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Also watching them 'kick off' at the end of the game really pisses me off.
    I promised the glw I wasn't going to get angry as I didn't expect much but ****ing hell, I expected something!! Ben White apart, the rest were dreadful. I'd drop the lot.

Martinelli was okay, can't believe he got hooked before Saka

Even George Graham at Anfield 89 specifically instructed the team, not to go out and batter them for the first half but to instead keep it 0-0 to half time. Suck the energy out of them. And that was while needing to win by 2.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

I promised the glw I wasn't going to get angry as I didn't expect much but ****ing hell, I expected something!! Ben White apart, the rest were dreadful. I'd drop the lot.

Excuses perhaps but Martinelli & Saka haven’t been rotated the entire season. Arteta really could have leaned more on his subs at times. ESR, Nelson & Tierney have probably had enough by now.
    These are talented players, not 70min bench warmers.
    Pep seems to rotate his squad more effectively.

I definitely wasn't going to use the c word. Then Grealish forced me too the complete aunt

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Even George Graham at Anfield 89 specifically instructed the team, not to go out and batter them for the first half but to instead keep it 0-0 to half time. Suck the energy out of them. And that was while needing to win by 2.
    Arteta will never change that drastically against Pep as the "Daddy syndrome" runs deep. In fact I am starting to believe that Arteta manages the Arsenal with a lot of WWPD (What Would Pep Do) coursing through his mind. I also suspect Jesus and Oli Z were willing to move to The Arsenal because it had all been worked out what their roles were going to be, which is just like at ManCity but with more playing time.

This is not a 100% bad thing, but it will always come back to bite us when we play Pep's mercenaries.