Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fabio Vieira starting

The difference in Trossard on for the last half an hour and Vieira was night and day. I don't want to hammer Vieira too much. He came to us as a fringe squad player from an average league. Had his chance for the Arsenal earlier in the season in the cups. Proved himself, for this season at least, not good enough for the league. It's utterly mental to see Arteta start him in one of our must cruicial games in decades. I'm still gobsmacked by the lineup. Souhtampton were utterly terrible. All we needed was experienced heads in the middle controlling the game and then our class would take over. I genuinely mean it. Even though we were damn lucky to get a draw. That was one of the worst performances against us in the league this season. Southampton were terrible.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Robbie Mustoe has the best take on this.

It’s not 2 points lost or 1 point gained.

It’s a team continuing to make mistakes that Champions don’t make.

Correct imo…Why is Zinchenko getting nutmegged by Arnold? Why are we giving up two sloppy goals and missing a penalty vs West Ham, why did Ramsdale sh*t himself today? Where was the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Champions don’t play like this.

Arteta needs to sort this out fast.

What's clear as day from the last couple of months or so is that the shiit teams that usually play everybody behind the ball quickly noticed that Zinchenko playing as a playmaker is only useful against that system. So they've clearly set up to exploit the left back role especically. It was clear as day to see today with Southampton's line up. A front 3 purely pressing into shape to cover passing lanes depending when Zinchenkco came in field. They made us look like school boys at the back. Playing this way when the squad has zero confidence is suicide. I don't see us keep another clean sheet to tell the truth.

Line up for City

Ramsdale

White-Gabriel-KT

Saka-Partey-Odegaard-J20-Zinchenko

Jesus & Martinelli

Ol skool 352

Match their system and look to beat them in the one v ones

KT has always been world class on the left hand side of a back 3 so I’ll always be confident of him there.

Partey vs KDB
    J20 vs Mahrez
    Gabriel vs King Orc
    Oodegard vs Rodri…Round 2
    Walker vs Zinchenko
    Grealish vs Saka
    Jesus vs Ruben Dias
    Martinelli vs Stones

And don’t be shy…tell Saka, Gabriel and Martinelli to go lights out for 60 minutes then triple sub…Nelson, Trossard and Eddie.

If we had Xhaka available then we him as well. Quadruple sub.

Fight then all over the park United style

If we lose we lose…but at least we go down swinging.

Lee Judge AFTV "We are as good as Real Madrid" is he a spastic?

I said here when we lost to City in the FA Cup that was the end of our season.

We are capable of going on good runs. We are completely incapable of handling pressure.

Game 1: 2-2
    Game 2: 2-2
    Game 3: 3-3

So is the 4th result in the series 4-4?

It’s 200/1

60/1 for another 3-3

Might as well stick a fiver on both and hope for the best.

Backing Man City to win starting -5 at 70/1 looks decent value. it's the sort of result they could pull of against us now as things stands. I could see things going really bad where we quickly go down to 10 men and Xhaka or someone throws in the towel and gets sent off and then we could really struggle to keep it under 10.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 04-22-2023 at 07:54 PM.

The more I think about it I feel I’m right about using a back 3 here.

Stop them playing as a team and break the game up into individual 1 v 1 battles.

Saka and Zinchenko can even invert and make things even more congested in the middle.

City will probably still win but I think it’s better than the current bend over and take it approach.