Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Wilshere and the U18 team

Jack Wilshere and the U18 team

bar the Youth Cup semi-final, has he actually won a game since taking charge?

and lets be honest, he got away with the Youth Cup match

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    bar the Youth Cup semi-final, has he actually won a game since taking charge?

and lets be honest, he got away with the Youth Cup match
    Genuine question, but does it actually matter? I mean sure, good players should win games but ultimately is the idea not about just creating one or two top top gems rather than a team who can grind out good results. It's almost like the complete opposite of senior football where individuals are more important than the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Genuine question, but does it actually matter? I mean sure, good players should win games but ultimately is the idea not about just creating one or two top top gems rather than a team who can grind out good results. It's almost like the complete opposite of senior football where individuals are more important than the team.
    Winning is a good habit to get into. Plus I believe we were top of the academy league when he took over. I do sort of get your point but I just find the total capitulation of the academy side, a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Winning is a good habit to get into. Plus I believe we were top of the academy league when he took over. I do sort of get your point but I just find the total capitulation of the academy side, a bit odd.
    Look at the age of the U21 team - for league games they take a lot from the U18s - specifically the two best players Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly. Sure that is a factor in the poor results

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Look at the age of the U21 team - for league games they take a lot from the U18s - specifically the two best players Cozier-Duberry and Lewis-Skelly. Sure that is a factor in the poor results
    Just how deviant have you two become?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Deflection from the impending capitulation and loss of the league title and will probably end up finishing 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Become?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...outh-cup-final

ty pj - interesting piece

Become?
    West Ham were very good. Some cracking prospects on both sides