Thread: Arsene in the PL Hall of Fame

Arsene in the PL Hall of Fame

Well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well deserved.
    About ****ing time - would be nice if he could get to the game on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    About ****ing time - would be nice if he could get to the game on Saturday
    I saw an article saying Aliadiere was almost unrecognisable.

I think he looks exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

The article said that Arsenal 'legends' had dinner together. I'd suggest that there is a consensus amongst Arsenal supporters that neither Clichy or Aliadiere quite qualified for that distinction.

It actually took me a few seconds to realise that was Clichy. He's morphed into an American footballer whose name I won't bore you with.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The article said that Arsenal 'legends' had dinner together. I'd suggest that there is a consensus amongst Arsenal supporters that neither Clichy or Aliadiere quite qualified for that distinction.

It actually took me a few seconds to realise that was Clichy. He's morphed into an American footballer whose name I won't bore you with.
    Both played in the Invincible season - very tenuous connection to being legendary (though I think Clichy was underrated)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Yeah - he was easy to spot. Had no idea who the one between Clichy and Tel was. Darren Dein - doesn't really belong

Yeah - he was easy to spot. Had no idea who the one between Clichy and Tel was. Darren Dein - doesn't really belong
    I was about to ask who the hell that was.

Both played in the Invincible season - very tenuous connection to being legendary (though I think Clichy was underrated)
    I was at the 4-4 with the scum when he stood on the ball and fell over and they scored the 3rd. I never forgave him for that even if it was a wonder finish from some muppet that probably never scored again in his life (Jenas?).

Also the pen at Birmingham that was never a pen, his reaction made it certain that that utter c*nt Dean was going to give it.

On the upside I was stood next to Frimmers in the Woodbine after the 4-4 when Harry said he thought they were unlucky.

The bouncer had to calm him down. Frimmers, not Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was at the 4-4 with the scum when he stood on the ball and fell over and they scored the 3rd. I never forgave him for that even if it was a wonder finish from some muppet that probably never scored again in his life (Jenas?).

Also the pen at Birmingham that was never a pen, his reaction made it certain that that utter c*nt Dean was going to give it.

On the upside I was stood next to Frimmers in the Woodbine after the 4-4 when Harry said he thought they were unlucky.

The bouncer had to calm him down. Frimmers, not Harry.
    Worst match I've ever been at, was ****ing livid. David bloody Bentley scoring his one career goal of any note. The pub was indeed lively after. wd the pub

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Worst match I've ever been at, was ****ing livid. David bloody Bentley scoring his one career goal of any note. The pub was indeed lively after. wd the pub
    Yes - think I got there just after the Frimmers rant. I've experienced a few of those down the years though