Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Vieira sacked just before we play Palace

Vieira sacked just before we play Palace

New manager bounce in coming. They're gonna resurrect Sam Allardyce aren't they?
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    New manager bounce in coming. They're gonna resurrect Sam Allardyce aren't they?
    Ironic really, Vieira has been quite outspoken about black managers recently. It can’t also have gone un noticed that he appeared to be making a bit of a statement of his own throughout the season, often choosing to field an 11 entirely made up of black players.
    Intentional or otherwise, only he knows.
    The only positive from our side is that with 48 hours to go, it’s probably too late for any new manager bounce, although the players may up their game in response to his sacking.
    He’ll always remain a true legend at our place, Wenger’s first talisman who inspired an era of unprecedented success.

He was well suited to play against the big teams with his everything behind the ball tactic so i'm happy enough we're not facing them. They should have got something out of City last week.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Ironic really, Vieira has been quite outspoken about black managers recently. It can’t also have gone un noticed that he appeared to be making a bit of a statement of his own throughout the season, often choosing to field an 11 entirely made up of black players.
    Intentional or otherwise, only he knows.
    The only positive from our side is that with 48 hours to go, it’s probably too late for any new manager bounce, although the players may up their game in response to his sacking.
    He’ll always remain a true legend at our place, Wenger’s first talisman who inspired an era of unprecedented success.
    Remember the grief AW got when he fielded 11 foreigners in his starting XI?

Also remember a game when all ten outfield players were black. Think it might have been Kolo's first season where he played every position bar CH. I remember thinking at the start of the 03-04 season that we only had Sol and an ageing Keown as CHs so we could well be in trouble, unaware of AW's masterplan of moving this Ivorian utility player to CH.

{I also think that if we have a two but predominately left-footed no.8 in da yoof team, we should be getting him to play LB as future cover for Zinny. I thought the Pole we signed in Jan was gonna play that role, but it seems that after one game MA's written him off, like AW did with Perez.}

Typical Palace believing they’re way better than they actually are.

Losing Connor Gallagher was just too much of a loss for them and 12th is a helluva achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Typical Palace believing they’re way better than they actually are.

Losing Connor Gallagher was just too much of a loss for them and 12th is a helluva achievement.
    It's a terrible sacking. They haven't even conceded 2 goals in a game in months. Their recent winless run has included draws against Utd, Newcastle, Brentford and Liverpool too. Where do they actually expect to be? fighting for the CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Remember the grief AW got when he fielded 11 foreigners in his starting XI?

Also remember a game when all ten outfield players were black. Think it might have been Kolo's first season where he played every position bar CH. I remember thinking at the start of the 03-04 season that we only had Sol and an ageing Keown as CHs so we could well be in trouble, unaware of AW's masterplan of moving this Ivorian utility player to CH.

{I also think that if we have a two but predominately left-footed no.8 in da yoof team, we should be getting him to play LB as future cover for Zinny. I thought the Pole we signed in Jan was gonna play that role, but it seems that after one game MA's written him off, like AW did with Perez.}
    FFS what a ridiculous thing to say

Actually lads…I didn’t realise this at the time but despite their position they’re only 3 point above the drop zone.

And have you seen their remaining fixtures…it’s mostly bottom half teams who will be looking at them for 3 points themselves.

Apart from Spurs where anything is positively they’ve literally got 9 cup finals to negotiate.

Relegation potential imo

Would be quite amusing imo