long term injury right at the end of the window and we only had that fat Brazza who couldn't defend as our other LB option.

So we signed Nacho the next day, I think the last of the window, and lent out Santos.

He assisted a late winner in his third game, and two games later, he scored late on to put us 1-0 up. {We got a second on the counter in injury time, but without his goal I doubt we'd have won.}

I remember thinking after his assist that if those 2 points are the difference between pipping the Sperz to 4th place, then he's paid back his transfer fee and contract wages already.

So he won us 4 points with his attacking - and defended very well, far better than Santos would have done - and we beat Sperz to the last CL spot by 1 pt.

Obviously, I hope Leo's signing has an even greater impact, and I take nothing away from Auba's 10 goals and 4 assists, even if it didn't get us into the CL. Or AA23 scoring 4 at Anfield. Or JAR's goals in '04. And Kanu could well have won us the double had DB10 not missed the pelanty in the semi.

But Nacho's signing was the reason we got into the CL and the Scum didn't.

Great player. We should have kept him, not Kola, when we bought KT. He could play CH as well.