Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This lot have made 367 substitutions.

This lot have made 367 substitutions.

Game’s gone. I don’t understand it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Game’s gone. I don’t understand it any more.
    It's ridicules that you can change half your outfield players, it's not the NFL, FFS

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's ridicules that you can change half your outfield players, it's not the NFL, FFS
    I think they should go with rolling subs. Give Bukayo and Granit a five-minute breather once in a while

I’m noticing a lot of the bucket teams use the extra subs as an extra tactic. Quite often I see these sort of teams start two lads up front who press like dogs every second they’re on. Then replace them with another 2 to do the same for the last 30 mins. It’s making it a bit harder to kill these sort of teams off in the last 20 mins which was the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I’m noticing a lot of the bucket teams use the extra subs as an extra tactic. Quite often I see these sort of teams start two lads up front who press like dogs every second they’re on. Then replace them with another 2 to do the same for the last 30 mins. It’s making it a bit harder to kill these sort of teams off in the last 20 mins which was the norm.
    Is that the worst thing in the world though? Not good for us obviously but helping to bridge the gap between the massively wealthy teams and the littler ones is surely a good thing. (Particular ironic as the 5 subs thing was supposed to hugely help the big clubs)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Is that the worst thing in the world though? Not good for us obviously but helping to bridge the gap between the massively wealthy teams and the littler ones is surely a good thing. (Particular ironic as the 5 subs thing was supposed to hugely help the big clubs)
    Have you been drinking?

Sorry, I withdraw that silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I agree with that. I have no probs with teams using the laws to their advantage.

It also might mean the bigger teams buy a big back to goal No.9 to bring on as soon as the small club bring on their next top 2 off the bench.

Then we can lump it up to the big guy for the last 30 mins like in the good ol' days.