Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tricky game tonight

Tricky game tonight

Trossard, Nketiah and KT have not travelled.

KT has a cold or something.

So not sure on the line up and rotation.

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we値l need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I知 guessing it痴

Turner

White
    Holding
    Polish chap
    Tommy

Oodegard
    J20
    Vieira

Reece
    Martinelli
    ESR

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we’ll need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I’m guessing it’s

Turner

White
    Holding
    Polish chap
    Tommy

Oodegard
    J20
    Vieira

Reece
    Martinelli
    ESR
    I can't believe you've gone with 11 players there T. And as for no mention of GK being Turner's best position... Well it's just all very disappointing.

I'm hearing a lot of idiots saying we should just throw this game tonight due to our lack of squad depth. Are they mental? Alright up front isn't ideal today but this competition is going to be essential for match fitness/sharpness for half our team. I'm talking about the likes of Turner, Tomi, Holding, Polish lad, Tierney, ESR, Nelson, Trossard, Jorginho, Jesus etc.

Look at Tomi for example. The fella was practically world class last season. Being thrown in the odd game recently and he's looked awful. The lad badly needs games. Tis not FIFA were you just stick in reserves from the cold and they play to their usual level. When one of our key first team players break down we'll need our boys below to jump right in and do the biz.

We'll have to rotate heavily today and i'd expect a disjointed performances. As long as we don't get hammered we'll crush them at home regardless anyway.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

There’s the argument that given our dominance from the front this season that simply finishing with a league title is an underachievement.

Think about it.

Perfectly winnable comp imo

Last season was utterly painful watching Rangers vs Frankfurt in the final…

Exactly. And look how woeful our European trophy cabinet actually is. Win this, get into the super cup. Win that and then we've doubled our trophies.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Sporting will play a 343 no matter what so just need to thread carefully. I think we値l need to be strong in the full back areas to nullify their wingers.

I知 guessing it痴

Turner

White
    Holding
    Polish chap
    Tommy

Oodegard
    J20
    Vieira

Reece
    Martinelli
    ESR
    Well perhaps if KT dressed appropriately for the weather rather than giving it the big'un in T-shirts he wouldn't have got a cold

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well perhaps if KT dressed appropriately for the weather rather than giving it the big'un in T-shirts he wouldn't have got a cold
    My thoughts exactly, p

Right. He probably doesn't even wear underpants

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."