Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re:VAR {Wes/Tone} the goal over the line watch is perfect, tbf. Instant. Though the

re:VAR {Wes/Tone} the goal over the line watch is perfect, tbf. Instant. Though the

rest of VAR is shît, I feel obliged to admit that the goal line watch thingie works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    rest of VAR is shît, I feel obliged to admit that the goal line watch thingie works very well.
    In fairness, it's either in or it's not, there is no ambiguity

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    In fairness, it's either in or it's not, there is no ambiguity
    Like Saliba at Brentford - that one just looked in. Shame the keeper got a hand to it because it was a cracking finish

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Don't think anyone would argue with goal line technology as there is no judgement involved, it works perfectly.

VAR is a debacle for me. And now that we have Webb in charge instead of that unmentionable cheat, the approach seems to be to use it as rarely as possible.

I watched the two handball incidents not given, one looked a penalty to me (one on the shoulder that appeared to be an upper arm to me) and the other was nailed on (near the goal line, defender clearly handled it with his hand away from his body).

Now they should get rid of the lines. And then bin the entire f*cking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Don't think anyone would argue with goal line technology as there is no judgement involved, it works perfectly.

VAR is a debacle for me. And now that we have Webb in charge instead of that unmentionable cheat, the approach seems to be to use it as rarely as possible.

I watched the two handball incidents not given, one looked a penalty to me (one on the shoulder that appeared to be an upper arm to me) and the other was nailed on (near the goal line, defender clearly handled it with his hand away from his body).

Now they should get rid of the lines. And then bin the entire f*cking thing.
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why the goal line one wasn't given....or the encroachment at kick off for their first!!!

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the goal line one wasn't given....or the encroachment at kick off for their first!!!
    Yeah, the lino on either side should have seen that.

Was it encroachment for their opener?

Can’t stop laughing at everyone who think they ran a NFL type special teams play lol

Lol it ain’t Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs ffs

Yeah, the lino on either side should have seen that.
    Not like there's a sodding great white line across the pitch to use as a guide!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Was it encroachment for their opener?

Can’t stop laughing at everyone who think they ran a NFL type special teams play lol

Lol it ain’t Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs ffs
    Yes, 2 players in our half and one is a good 2 yards inside

Yes, 2 players in our half and one is a good 2 yards inside
    They shouldn't have been allowed to do that. But FFS, we moved half our team over that side to cover them and whoever was meant to be marking those two should have started moving when they did.