Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I just watched the Everton defeat and for their goal from the corner, their no.16 is

I just watched the Everton defeat and for their goal from the corner, their no.16 is

holding Saliba. When Saliba jumps, the Scouser has his hand on Saliba's shoulder, pulling him down.

Saliba couldn't get a full jump and therefore can't quite get his head on the ball.

If White holding the 'keeper's hand is a foul, then why isn't that?

1'32" here:

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men?entryid=0_53mbgtjs

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    holding Saliba. When Saliba jumps, the Scouser has his hand on Saliba's shoulder, pulling him down.

Saliba couldn't get a full jump and therefore can't quite get his head on the ball.

1'32" here:

Yes, quite right, and I believe I pointed this out in an earlier post. Surprised, or maybe not, that no one commentating mentioned it.

And if White's was a foul, how was the pen against Newcastle not given when Gabriel's shirt was pulled back over his shoulder?

Inconsistencies GG, made all the worse by the joke that is VAR.

We do forget fortunate at times though.
    Pretty sure we got away with a handball against Liverpool. Maybe Gabriel?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, quite right, and I believe I pointed this out in an earlier post. Surprised, or maybe not, that no one commentating mentioned it.

And if White's was a foul, how was the pen against Newcastle not given when Gabriel's shirt was pulled back over his shoulder?

Inconsistencies GG, made all the worse by the joke that is VAR.
    I really don't get some of it. I remember Olly G having his shirt literally ripped off his back so he had to replace the rag with a new shirt. Not given as a foul. WTF?

Also, I once saw Cesc round the keeper who, with arm at full stretch on the floor, raised his hand to clip Cesc on purpose. Cesc stumbled, tried to stay on his feet but with the lost speed, the angle was wider and he hit the outside of the post.

Not given. Had he gone down, then it's a pen and a straight red for the 'keeper. Cesc tried to be a gent and just get the goal without having the 'keeper sent off, but the ref wouldn't call it back for the foul. This is insane.

But re: Gabby, shirts etc. I think they should change the rules one summer. Anyone who grabs an opponent's shirt or arm at a corner gives a foul. VAR looks. The first person to do it is done. So it's either a FK or a pen. It would be messy at first but by the end of the season no-one would be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    We do forget fortunate at times though.
    Pretty sure we got away with a handball against Liverpool. Maybe Gabriel?
    What about '01 cup final? They twice handballed on the line to stop Titi goals. Then they won and people say Titi didn't score in bug games.

I'm sure you're right, though. It just seems strange that they can stop Saliba jumping but White gets done for holding the goalie.

They make it up as they go along mate.

You mentioned DRS before and the big difference is there’s clear rules, protocols and procedures to follow for every one.

Plus both the fans in the stadium and at home can hear and see the TV umpire working through the scenario step by step.

None of that happens in football and as with saw with the offside the other day they couldn’t be bothered to draw the lines.

Can you imagine a caught behind and the umpire doesn’t check the Snicko or Hot Spot?

It’s like the extra time at the World Cup.

It was perfect what they did because we finally had 90 minutes of football but it hasn’t been adopted so none of the matches are actually 90 minutes.

Of course it felt unnatural at first but we’re genuinely losing that time.

The fault is at levels of the game and needs to be sorted out.

The biggest issue is doing away with the ‘Over the course of a season it balances out’ attitude to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

1'32" here:

This happens literally every game. Hence our goal disallowed was such a joke. If a corrupt VAR offical wants to fcuk a team over nothing can stop him.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    They make it up as they go along mate.

You mentioned DRS before and the big difference is there’s clear rules, protocols and procedures to follow for every one.

Plus both the fans in the stadium and at home can hear and see the TV umpire working through the scenario step by step.

None of that happens in football and as with saw with the offside the other day they couldn’t be bothered to draw the lines.

Can you imagine a caught behind and the umpire doesn’t check the Snicko or Hot Spot?

It’s like the extra time at the World Cup.

It was perfect what they did because we finally had 90 minutes of football but it hasn’t been adopted so none of the matches are actually 90 minutes.

Of course it felt unnatural at first but we’re genuinely losing that time.

The fault is at levels of the game and needs to be sorted out.

The biggest issue is doing away with the ‘Over the course of a season it balances out’ attitude to things.
    Exactly the point I made to my mate the other day.

Also in the rugby, like DRS, they go through it between tv ref/ump and on field. Everyone can hear and see what is happening and why.

God alone knows why they can't do the same with football.

It's a pity a manager - perhaps via teams having their own tv analyst in real time to tell the manager - they want a review. Or via the player - Saliba or the Everton goalie could demand a review.