Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That’s only the 2nd one run Test win

That’s only the 2nd one run Test win

I’ve ever seen.

Last one was 30 years ago.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...-cricket-score

Fair play to Wagner. Man got utterly destroyed in the 1st test but got it done when it mattered here.

Lol

Just found out that Windies win was actually the only other 1 run win….ever.

Well glad I’ve seen them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Lol

Just found out that Windies win was actually the only other 1 run win….ever.

Well glad I’ve seen them both.
    Was that the Ambrose 7-1 game? Is amazing how close it was. Well played New Zealand

**doh just seen the scored. Curtley still did all right though
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 02-28-2023 at 11:54 AM.

England v Australia at Edgbaston 2005 was a 2-run win.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    England v Australia at Edgbaston 2005 was a 2-run win.
    A truly nerve-wrecking day. Also ended in a similar fashion to this game. Strangled down leg

I’ve ever seen.

Last one was 30 years ago.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...-cricket-score

Fair play to Wagner. Man got utterly destroyed in the 1st test but got it done when it mattered here.
    Lost after enforcing the follow on - like the Aussies in '81 and against India in '01 when VVS and Dravid batted through the whole of day 4.

But we declared our first innings with Root on 153*. If Stoked had given him one more over....

My mate said last night that we shouldn't have declared then despite me saying that we got 2 wickets in that half hour before lunch. He said we should still win today but imagine us doing that in the Ashes.

So the Ambrose 7 for 1 was in the next test to win it…helluva series that one.

Aussies won the 1st, next 2 were draws and then Windies pull off a come from behind win in the 4th and 5th tests.

And I think that’s the last time they ever won in Australia. Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure if that.

So the Ambrose 7 for 1 was in the next test to win it…helluva series that one.

Aussies won the 1st, next 2 were draws and then Windies pull off a come from behind win in the 4th and 5th tests.

And I think that’s the last time they ever won in Australia. Might be wrong but I’m pretty sure if that.
    I think you are right - coming to the end of the glory days while McGrath and Warne were just starting out. Warne only bowled 8 overs in that match!

How did the lads get to Bangladesh so fast? Lol

How did the lads get to Bangladesh so fast? Lol
    Ridiculous isn't it. Still a pretty decent side out