Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motty gone.

Motty gone.

"Oh my word!"

So much better than these modern chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Oh my word!"

So much better than these modern chaps.
    Meh - never liked him or Barry Davies. I really don't like Barry Davies - particularly since he was so busy on spouting off about Arsene disrespecting the FA Cup by playing a weakened side for so long at the start of the game against Newcastle that he missed commentating on our opening goal. An opening goal that was score by Pires set up by Bergkamp - weakened side

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Meh - never liked him or Barry Davies. I really don't like Barry Davies - particularly since he was so busy on spouting off about Arsene disrespecting the FA Cup by playing a weakened side for so long at the start of the game against Newcastle that he missed commentating on our opening goal. An opening goal that was score by Pires set up by Bergkamp - weakened side
    They were both better than Brian Moore though He richly deserved being serenaded by the North Bank with "Brian Moore's a muppet" when he climbed into the gantry

Meh also, he was properly bad at actually describing what was happening on the pitch.

I seem to recall our good friend Monty describing an international match (England Russia I think) where an excellent move from Russia which resulted in a great chance was completely ignored by Motson as he rattled on about something else until eventually he said something like 'oh, and what have we here, a good chance from Russia' just after the chance was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Meh also, he was properly bad at actually describing what was happening on the pitch.

I seem to recall our good friend Monty describing an international match (England Russia I think) where an excellent move from Russia which resulted in a great chance was completely ignored by Motson as he rattled on about something else until eventually he said something like 'oh, and what have we here, a good chance from Russia' just after the chance was missed.

Though we will always have this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA_IShNbS5Y

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

" . . . . our good friend Monty . . . . " - where is he these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They were both better than Brian Moore though He richly deserved being serenaded by the North Bank with "Brian Moore's a muppet" when he climbed into the gantry
    Martin Tyler used to be good - whatever happened to him. Seems to hate football now.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    " . . . . our good friend Monty . . . . " - where is he these days?
    I'm fairly sure his missus killed him

Martin Tyler used to be good - whatever happened to him. Seems to hate football now.
    all went downhill after he started doing the 'And It's Live' gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    all went downhill after he started doing the 'And It's Live' gimmick.
    Very good point, p