Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mikel Arteta questions why Brentford equaliser was allowed to stand

I don't know why there's not more calls to scrap VAR altogether. It's an awful system and littered with stacks of human error cases now. That's the whole point of why it's there ffs. It's ruined the flow of the game and I'm sick of it. Get rid.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I don't know why there's not more calls to scrap VAR altogether. It's an awful system and littered with stacks of human error cases now. That's the whole point of why it's there ffs. It's ruined the flow of the game and I'm sick of it. Get rid.
    And bring back the proper offside rule too. Fed up with seeing cnuts deliberately standing in offside positions for free kicks. We want the old school rule. If anybody is offside, that's just it, done, simple. Offside traps used to be an art form.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    And bring back the proper offside rule too. Fed up with seeing cnuts deliberately standing in offside positions for free kicks. We want the old school rule. If anybody is offside, that's just it, done, simple. Offside traps used to be an art form.
    As per Brian Clough, if he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As per Brian Clough, if he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch
    I rememeber when the 'not interfering with play' craic first came in, if the player was offside he'd basically turn his back the other way and walk slowing in the oppositie direction of the goal for about 10 meters. That was slightly tolerable. We're nowhere close to that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    And that’s 5 points VAR has robbed off.

I’m counting the Martinelli decision at OT as 3.

Clowns.
    7 if you include our non-pen(s) vs Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by pjlincs View Post
    7 if you include our non-pen(s) vs Newcastle.
    Meh. Luck is part of football and we had a fair amount of it during our run to this position. We virtually stole 3 points at Leeds, as an example.

More worrying is that based on the highlights I saw (like most us, I did not watch the game) I was dismayed to see how few chances we created. Based on MOTD we were lucky to come away with a point.

Which means precisely sod all if we play like we can and win Wednesday night, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Meh. Luck is part of football and we had a fair amount of it during our run to this position. We virtually stole 3 points at Leeds, as an example.

More worrying is that based on the highlights I saw (like most us, I did not watch the game) I was dismayed to see how few chances we created. Based on MOTD we were lucky to come away with a point.

Which means precisely sod all if we play like we can and win Wednesday night, of course.
    I watched on a dodgy stream (decent quality though) and we could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We did control the game but didn't create enough. That said, sometimes you play badly and win, the mark of champions they always say.

We wuz robbed!!

Probably won for the lads on betfair but couldn’t I sue Lee Mason for lost bets?

Now that it’s been established he complete nincompoop.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I watched on a dodgy stream (decent quality though) and we could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We did control the game but didn't create enough. That said, sometimes you play badly and win, the mark of champions they always say.

We wuz robbed!!
    Man utd were complete shiit yet again and got another 3 points. They're about 30 points clear of the played shiite but won league.

Of course, if you want to continue the injustice angle of Brentford's goal, you can start with that never being a free kick in the first place.

Toney put his arms around Saliba, not the other way around. Cheating pr1ck that he is.