Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ironically, given Emi's timewasting, I remember beating Villa 3-1 at Highbury when we

Ironically, given Emi's timewasting, I remember beating Villa 3-1 at Highbury when we

got an indirect FK in the box cos their 'keeper hadn't booted it within ten secs of picking up the ball. {Is that still a rule?}

From memory, someone tapped it to Sukur and he blasted it in from 10 yards with all 11 Villans on the line.

So that must have been '99-00, no? After we sold Anelka. {Remember it as a sunny autumn day, so '99. But probably wrong.}

Where's our pseudo-Kraut, alcoholic stats guru when we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    got an indirect FK in the box cos their 'keeper hadn't booted it within ten secs of picking up the ball. {Is that still a rule?}

From memory, someone tapped it to Sukur and he blasted it in from 10 yards with all 11 Villans on the line.

So that must have been '99-00, no? After we sold Anelka. {Remember it as a sunny autumn day, so '99. But probably wrong.}

Karma with a capital 'K'. Gets a yellow for time wasting, scores an OG, then is made to look a mug by Martinelli and then gets a *******ing from Emery for going up for the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I might be wrong didn't we get one awarded against us and the other team scored in the highbury days. maybe against leeds?

It's annoying when the keeper gets booked for that as then they have another 30 seconds after the card of messing around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY4yeE3v9uc

Pretty much spot on GG - that rule had just been brought in I think and refs cracked down for about three matches. Lovely to see that touch for the first goal again from DB

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Karma with a capital 'K'. Gets a yellow for time wasting, scores an OG, then is made to look a mug by Martinelli and then gets a *******ing from Emery for going up for the corner.
    Can't hate him too much - basically given us four goals this season

I don't remember the rule being changed but haven't seen it enforced since probably that season. And David James in the clip doesn't even appear to hold it that long there. Every game now you'd see what he did at least 5 times a game.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I don't remember the rule being changed but haven't seen it enforced since probably that season. And David James in the clip doesn't even appear to hold it that long there. Every game now you'd see what he did at least 5 times a game.
    Very true. I think we benefitted there from David Elleray in full schoolmaster mode. It is definitely ignored now

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Very true. I think we benefitted there from David Elleray in full schoolmaster mode. It is definitely ignored now
    David Elleray the referees referee. That's what you want from your ref. Completely autistic and by the book. No grey areas at all.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

David Elleray the referees referee. That's what you want from your ref. Completely autistic and by the book. No grey areas at all.
    *message reported to Roy Keane

Or as Tony Adams would say a "****ing cheat"