Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why are we stil settling for Chelsea cast-offs?

Why are we stil settling for Chelsea cast-offs?

Like Gallas, Cech and Willian, if we sign Jorginho we are still embarrassing ourselves by taking players who were once good enough but are now on the downward slope, while Chelsea are signing elite players of 22 and 23 from the cream of european football.

Yes, this crop of mainly home-grown youngsters has done very well so far this season but we have been quite lucky with injuries, and by settling for this sort of player we are in danger of becoming one-season wonders like Leicester by allowing Chelsea and others to regroup while we rest on our laurels.
    Last edited by Yesterday Once More; 01-31-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Like Gallas, Cech and Willian, if we sign Jorginho we are still embarrassing ourselves by taking players who were once good enough but are now on the downward slope, while Chelsea are signing elite players of 22 and 23 from the cream of european football.

Yes, this crop of mainly home-grown youngsters has done very well so far this season but we have been quite lucky with injuries, and by settling for this sort of player we are in danger of becoming one-season wonders like Leicester by allowing Chelsea and others to regroup while we rest on our laurels.
    £10m for 18 months of CL winning and WC winning experience as back-up for the title bid.

Additions such as Rice (or Bellingham, I wish) in the summer.

I felt the same, but let's just pray that he's not a Willian, he's a GG {him, not me} and he'll win us a double. And then go on to manage us to titles, cup doubles and Euro success.

We have the youngest team in the league playing fantastically well and are 5 points clear with a game in hand but because we sign a veteran player from Chelsea on an 18 month contract to provide us proven depth at one position we are in danger of becoming a one season wonder?

I’m guessing your PhD wasn’t in quantum physics or football, am I right?

The funny thing is. Despite the Willian signing being a huge disappointment, in my life time I've probably more respect for him than any other Arsenal player. He saved us millions by agreeing to rip up his contract and leave on a free. Most other current players would have been happy sitting on the bench for another 2 years taking in £100'000 plus a week in wages to do nothing. I'll never understand the sheer hatred he receives.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The funny thing is. Despite the Willian signing being a huge disappointment, in my life time I've probably more respect for him than any other Arsenal player. He saved us millions by agreeing to rip up his contract and leave on a free. Most other current players would have been happy sitting on the bench for another 2 years taking in £100'000 plus a week in wages to do nothing. I'll never understand the sheer hatred he receives.
    Because we're football fans, rational thinking is not allowed

I'd forgotten Sideshow Bob. I guess we've had so many turkeys from them we are due a good one. Hope over expectation, eh.