Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope this Jorginho story is *******s

I’d rather we sign no one and finish 2nd than win it with that deadbeat chav.

He’s not even taking a plane so can’t even Sala this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’d rather we sign no one and finish 2nd than win it with that deadbeat chav.
    you'll be dancing on the streets of Islington when he scores the winner to clinch the league, t.

and, how come Willian looks half decent for Fulham?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    you'll be dancing on the streets of Islington when he scores the winner to clinch the league, t.

and, how come Willian looks half decent for Fulham?
    I was watching Fulham highlights a few weeks ago. and thought who's that he looks good.
    It as Willian

I could understand in the dog days of Wenger why we kept buying 30-something Chelsea players, but not one of them improved us. In fact, the best 30-something signing we ever made from Chelsea was Johnny Hollins, which says something about Gallas, Cech and Willian's contribution. Jorginho is also in decline, which is why they are offloading him.

Deeply depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    I could understand in the dog days of Wenger why we kept buying 30-something Chelsea players, but not one of them improved us. In fact, the best 30-something signing we ever made from Chelsea was Johnny Hollins, which says something about Gallas, Cech and Willian's contribution. Jorginho is also in decline, which is why they are offloading him.

Deeply depressing.
    He's experienced back-up not first choice. If you can't see that maybe football isn't for you

I'd imagine as the season goes on more and more of the smaller teams are going to adopt the Newcastle tactic against us with everybody behind the ball and not moving their back line up 20 yards from the keeper so a 'DM' that mainly sprays and ball about and keeps things ticking will be important. Will be a lot more useful than sticking the Polish lad in there and hoping for the best.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's experienced back-up not first choice. If you can't see that maybe football isn't for you
    We should be looking beyond "experienced back-up" in the transfer market. Jesus aside, we have been incredibly lucky with injuries this season (let's see how well we cope with Partey now missing for a spell...) In modern football, any team with ambition needs to be aiming higher than someone clearly in decline whom Chelsea are clearly very happy to let go for 12 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    We should be looking beyond "experienced back-up" in the transfer market. Jesus aside, we have been incredibly lucky with injuries this season. In modern football, any team with ambition needs to be aiming higher than someone Chelsea are clearly very happy to let go for 12 million.
    Psst he's out of contract at the end of the season yet has still started 18 games for them. I think finding someone to get into our starting lineup would be incredibly hard - do you think we could sign a player better than Partey and have him integrate straight away into the way we play? Forwards are maybe different - I wouldn't have minded a big lump coming in like Weghorst if I am honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We should be used to it by now but I really don't understand our fans sometimes.

We learnt last year that the club is not prepared to sign a B rate player if it means missing out on the A plan. So we didn't manage to get anyone in January last year but it meant we could wait until the summer and get Jesus. Being short there arguably cost us top 4 last season but was clearly better for the long run.

So this time round, it appears as though the A plan is Rice or the Brighton lad. But if we can't get them YET, but have a good indication that we will be able in the summer then signing someone who a) is settled in London b) is a proven winner who has won the PL, Champions League etc c) doesn't block a Rice or Caicedo deal from happening in the summer and d) is the difference between falling short come the end of the season or not then I think it's a fantastic signing.

We've lauded Arteta and Edu for bringing in experienced winners who have the mentality to be champions in Zinchenko and Jesus. On the face of it, this just looks like one more for me.