Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope this Jorginho story is *******s

I hope this Jorginho story is *******s

I really don't want him.

He's a good player but after how sucessful the other players we've signed from Chelsea have been I'd rather not.

I'd take him if we also get someone else in.

The biggest problem I see with this is that yes, he's a good ball playing cm who could do well picking it up deep and breaking the lines. But what happens when we don't have the ball? The man has no legs. This wouldn't be too bad for certain teams but he'll likely be playing when Partey is out which means he'll be next to Xhaxa who is also pretty slow around the pitch.

He'll be better than Lokonga in there though.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    The biggest problem I see with this is that yes, he's a good ball playing cm who could do well picking it up deep and breaking the lines. But what happens when we don't have the ball? The man has no legs. This wouldn't be too bad for certain teams but he'll likely be playing when Partey is out which means he'll be next to Xhaxa who is also pretty slow around the pitch.

He'll be better than Lokonga in there though.
    Done deal apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Done deal apparently
    At least it's only 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    At least it's only 18 months
    If we don't win the league this will be a massive for the shouty types in May.

I suppose we have to wind it back a bit. The real question is. Is he better than Eleney playing Partey's role? He's probably a similar level to that and I was quite happy to see out the season with Eleney backing up Partey. Ideally we should only be using this chap for the early rounds of the UEFA cup and replacing Parety with 10 mins to go with the game won. So it may well be a decent signing. Certainly better than nothing. I'd say it's adding another % or 2 to our chances of winning the league. Signing no one would have been a disaster.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

If we don't win the league this will be a massive for the shouty types in May.
    Brighton don't want to sell Caicedo, Hammers won't sell Rice. I don't like the bloke but as cover for Partey, it's not a bad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I suppose we have to wind it back a bit. The real question is. Is he better than Eleney playing Partey's role? He's probably a similar level to that and I was quite happy to see out the season with Eleney backing up Partey. Ideally we should only be using this chap for the early rounds of the UEFA cup and replacing Parety with 10 mins to go with the game won. So it may well be a decent signing. Certainly better than nothing. I'd say it's adding another % or 2 to our chances of winning the league. Signing no one would have been a disaster.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Brighton don't want to sell Caicedo, Hammers won't sell Rice. I don't like the bloke but as cover for Partey, it's not a bad option.
    We don't seem to be very good at doing the big deals.

We don't seem to be very good at doing the big deals.
    If Brighton don't want to sell, and lets face it, they have plenty of money in the bank, there's not much we can do.

I'd imagine there is a ceiling we can go to based on the all important summer targets due to FFP