Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
We should be used to it by now but I really don't understand our fans sometimes.

We learnt last year that the club is not prepared to sign a B rate player if it means missing out on the A plan. So we didn't manage to get anyone in January last year but it meant we could wait until the summer and get Jesus. Being short there arguably cost us top 4 last season but was clearly better for the long run.

So this time round, it appears as though the A plan is Rice or the Brighton lad. But if we can't get them YET, but have a good indication that we will be able in the summer then signing someone who a) is settled in London b) is a proven winner who has won the PL, Champions League etc c) doesn't block a Rice or Caicedo deal from happening in the summer and d) is the difference between falling short come the end of the season or not then I think it's a fantastic signing.

We've lauded Arteta and Edu for bringing in experienced winners who have the mentality to be champions in Zinchenko and Jesus. On the face of it, this just looks like one more for me.
What grates is giving that ****ing club a single penny.