Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Monday!!

Also…am I only one who quite likes Lisandro now?

Reminds me of Vivas and Grimandi with his attitude and commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Always good fun when you live and work in Manchester and you've beaten United

A few points from yesterday:
    1. Ben White did not look right. After the England thing, I wonder if there's mental issues at play, as there is with Keane at Everton.
    2. Anthony -£80m a winger with no pace at all. Partey gave him a 10 yard head start and caught him with no bother.
    3. I hope De Gea recovers from that very serious looking arm injury when Eddie slightly touched him
    4. Saka's really rather bloody good
    Any discussion of how well we are playing that does not mention Ziny is remiss imo.

A wonderful player, visionary passer of the ball. I find myself wondering if we should acquire a first class LB and push him into midfield - Partey Ziny Ode fills me with joy

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Any discussion of how well we are playing that does not mention Ziny is remiss imo.

A wonderful player, visionary passer of the ball. I find myself wondering if we should acquire a first class LB and push him into midfield - Partey Ziny Ode fills me with joy
    We have a first-class left back in the squad imo, but I think one of the strengths of the team is that Zinchenko plays from an usual area (and we have Xhaka to drop into the space he leaves behind plus the rather under-rated Gabriel to shore up that side)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We have a first-class left back in the squad imo, but I think one of the strengths of the team is that Zinchenko plays from an usual area (and we have Xhaka to drop into the space he leaves behind plus the rather under-rated Gabriel to shore up that side)
    I agree re the wee jockie chap, but Arteta doesn't seem to. He even had Tomi over there when Ziny was injured. I can't imagine him being with the club next season.

I love the way we use Ziny on the ball with him moving into midfield, it does however leave us rather exposed when we don't have the ball. Xhaka covering at LB doesn't fill me with joy.

And while Xhaka has been good this season, I still wonder if we couldn't have someone better there, Ziny would be perfect for that role.

Anyway, nice problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Is it me or is MA playing Herbert Chapman's {the dead won, not the Awimb won} W-M formation? At least when we're in possession.

The 2 CHs and RB shuffle across to make a back 3. Zinny sits next to TP5 in MF. GX and MO are old fashioned inside forwards. And then we have a front 3.

It's W-M.

And if, one game, ESR plays where GX does, we'd have the old skool 7-8-9-10-11 front five in exactly the right positions for the 1930s.

That's good magic to have, that is.

All this stuff about Pep and now MA reinventing the wheel with their inverted fullback. It's basically just what we were doing 90 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I agree re the wee jockie chap, but Arteta doesn't seem to. He even had Tomi over there when Ziny was injured. I can't imagine him being with the club next season.

I love the way we use Ziny on the ball with him moving into midfield, it does however leave us rather exposed when we don't have the ball. Xhaka covering at LB doesn't fill me with joy.

And while Xhaka has been good this season, I still wonder if we couldn't have someone better there, Ziny would be perfect for that role.

Anyway, nice problem to have.
    As you know, I think ESR could play there given we basically have TP5 and Zinny in front of the back 3. I think Fabio could be his long term replacement. I think his left foot is a wand.

But GX has been playing so well this season, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And when MA was walking Rambo off after it kicked off against the Scüm, seeing GX walk in the other direction to offer out the whole of the Sperz stand was Divine. When MA saw him go past and called after him, GX kept walking. I don't remember MA moving that fast when he wore the no.8 for us.

His redemption story has been one of the highlights of an already amazing season. But he became a legend in my eyes when he did that the previous weekend.

It's about team balance. GX is the only hard as nails thug we have. He has to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    As you know, I think ESR could play there given we basically have TP5 and Zinny in front of the back 3. I think Fabio could be his long term replacement. I think his left foot is a wand.

But GX has been playing so well this season, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And when MA was walking Rambo off after it kicked off against the Scüm, seeing GX walk in the other direction to offer out the whole of the Sperz stand was Divine. When MA saw him go past and called after him, GX kept walking. I don't remember MA moving that fast when he wore the no.8 for us.

His redemption story has been one of the highlights of an already amazing season. But he became a legend in my eyes when he did that the previous weekend.

It's about team balance. GX is the only hard as nails thug we have. He has to start.
    Not sure about that, I wouldn't mess with Gabriel or Partey

Happy monday, indeed

Not one to piss on anyone's chips, but Fat Frank has been sacked and we haven't played them yet. A bit unfair imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Happy monday, indeed

Not one to piss on anyone's chips, but Fat Frank has been sacked and we haven't played them yet. A bit unfair imo.
    Everton are a **** show from top to bottom, will take a hell of a lot more than a new manager to sort them out. I really think they're going down

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Everton are a **** show from top to bottom, will take a hell of a lot more than a new manager to sort them out. I really think they're going down
    Fewer Scousers in the N5 every season can only be a good thing..
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”