Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Seen enough of Mudyk to know

Seen enough of Mudyk to know

We should have made a serious offer for him. Same old Arsenal, allowing the Chavs to steal him from under our nose. Trossard is not in the same class (and six years older).

He was the best player on the pitch that match despite only coming on as a sub in the second half. Still, the quality of both teams was proper shiit apart from Mudryk. And even at that it would be easy to look good aginast a high line playing liverpool with a near 40 year old James Milner at right back.

Gakpo looks absoultely atrocious. I said it at the time when he played against us in the UEFA cup. He's a nothing player. Just a tall lad played on the wing, nothing more. You can certainly see why Mudryk is costing double.

Anyway on Mudryk, fcuk him. The more we read about the deal he ended up at Chelsea because he didn't push for the Arsenal transfer.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Mudryk vs Milner was exactly like Jake Paul boxing another washed up retired UFC fighter.

Joke contest.

It's a pity City, Newcastle and Utd all play the Scousers before we next do. They look absolute shiite. Even Salah looks to be on the decline. If we played them today even at Anfield that could have been a 7-0 win.

I think it’s funny how everyone’s an expert on a player they never heard 6 weeks ago.

Commentators today were hilarious…at one point they predicted he’d be the best in the world…5 minutes into his debut.

I’m happy…now that Messi has won his World Cup I can’t really hate on him like I used to. I need a new nemesis and this chap is perfect.

-

He’s the most overrated person at anything ever in the existence of the human race.

:vomit:

See also Pepe and Draxler…

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    He was the best player on the pitch that match despite only coming on as a sub in the second half. Still, the quality of both teams was proper shiit apart from Mudryk. And even at that it would be easy to look good aginast a high line playing liverpool with a near 40 year old James Milner at right back.

Gakpo looks absoultely atrocious. I said it at the time when he played against us in the UEFA cup. He's a nothing player. Just a tall lad played on the wing, nothing more. You can certainly see why Mudryk is costing double.

Anyway on Mudryk, fcuk him. The more we read about the deal he ended up at Chelsea because he didn't push for the Arsenal transfer.
    Yep. He’s going to be decent. I think we knew that from the bids we were submitting. Its always harder for the club with the opening offer. Host club will invariably reject it and any other interested parties get a steer on where they need to be. Ultimately, it was easy for Chelsea as they knew what they had to beat and act quickly.
    The alternative option is to agree to everything from the off but that’s not really the Arsenal way.
    In retrospect, we lost out but it would have probably derailed Martinelli & ESR, who we’d all like to see develop at the club. Trossard is probably a better fit in the circumstances anyway. Back in November I doubt Brighton would have entertained many offers below 45-50m for him.
    Onwards
    Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yep. He’s going to be decent. I think we knew that from the bids we were submitting. Its always harder for the club with the opening offer. Host club will invariably reject it and any other interested parties get a steer on where they need to be. Ultimately, it was easy for Chelsea as they knew what they had to beat and act quickly.
    The alternative option is to agree to everything from the off but that’s not really the Arsenal way.
    In retrospect, we lost out but it would have probably derailed Martinelli & ESR, who we’d all like to see develop at the club. Trossard is probably a better fit in the circumstances anyway. Back in November I doubt Brighton would have entertained many offers below 45-50m for him.
    Onwards
    Onwards
    Hold on 7s, I thought he was a rip off merchant and a prospect at best who had only played in a really ****e Ukrainian league?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hold on 7s, I thought he was a rip off merchant and a prospect at best who had only played in a really ****e Ukrainian league?

I still say he is a rip off at that price. Things don’t clearly always follow a pattern but I prefer to see reward aligned with achievement. He’s potential at this stage and a 100m package is too much to pay for potential, let alone the impact upon squad morale.

He isn't cheap, but sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. And as for the impact on squad morale, if the guy does have star quality then I think any squad would be chuffed to have him in their ranks. He would have been the equivalent of Marc Overmars, and an upgraded version of Anders Limpar and Brian Marwood. Those three made huge contributions to three title-winning teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    He isn't cheap, but sometimes you actually do get what you pay for. And as for the impact on squad morale, if the guy does have star quality then I think any squad would be chuffed to have him in their ranks. He would have been the equivalent of Marc Overmars, and an upgraded version of Anders Limpar and Brian Marwood. Those three made huge contributions to three title-winning teams.
    Problem there is we're in the middle of sorting new contracts out for Saka and Martineli. They have yet to sign and possibly we could lose both in the summer. A big part of them resigning may be down to a new winger/attacker and what wages they're on/been promised.

Regardless, new contracts for Saka, Saliba and Martineli is probably gonna cost £100m if we're lucky.