Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trossard incoming

Trossard incoming

Am I the only one that is a bit, meh, about that as a signing?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Am I the only one that is a bit, meh, about that as a signing?
    Yeah but maybe that's what we need. What does Trossard do?
    and why hasn't Chelsea tried to buy him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yeah but maybe that's what we need. What does Trossard do?
    and why hasn't Chelsea tried to buy him?
    I need to confer with my mate, who is a Brighton fan

I need to confer with my mate, who is a Brighton fan
    Some of the youtube types like him.
    Though I wouldn't drop anyone in the starting XI at the moment. Perhaps Eddie if there was another striker on the books though I do like him. Some games we are going to need him to put the chances away like he had the other day.

Hope Jesus returns at a appropriate time for a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Some of the youtube types like him.
    Though I wouldn't drop anyone in the starting XI at the moment. Perhaps Eddie if there was another striker on the books though I do like him. Some games we are going to need him to put the chances away like he had the other day.

Hope Jesus returns at a appropriate time for a lift.
    My mate, is currently very angry. So I'll leave him be

My mate, is currently very angry. So I'll leave him be
    That's a good sign. Genius Edu strikes again

I'm liking this signing. We critically needed a body to cover us up top and Trossard will certainly give us that and is able to hit the ground running knowing the league well. As things were going and the way we play it was only a matter of time before one of Saka,Eddie or Martineli broke down with injury. It's simply not sustainable to play our constant pressing game all season with no rotation and not pick up big injuries.

Looking at it from a 'moneyball' perspective this looks an excellent signing. Brighton will know all about that being one of the World's most succesful moneyball style teams. Let's just look at his league stats. Scored 7 in 16 this season. That's as good as our top scorers. His overall record scoring in the prem is 25 in 116 which would include his first couple of years bedding in. Even with that that's still a 1 in 5 record. That's exactly what we need. Even if he can score us 5 goals for the rest of the season while offering us quality cover that could well be enough to win the league.

After doing the obligatory youtube scouting with an incoming player one thing is clear. This boy is a clinical finisher and has a weapon we'll need against the low block teams like Newcastle. He has brillant agility and is able to make space out of nothing to get his shot off. Another key note to take from those highlight goals is that half of them came against the big teams, Us, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool twice. That's a hell of a lot better than being worth £100m due to scoring two against Celtic.

Yes I think this looks a very shrewd signing. You might get some detractors crying that he's 28. Who gives a fcuk about that. We're going for the league now and he's in his prime. I don't care if his legs go next season as long as he produces right here, right now.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 01-19-2023 at 11:03 AM.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Good signing…can put him the little pain in the arse straight to work if we need too.

That’s how I would describe him…a pain in the arse for other teams to deal with.

Extra firepower off the bench…would’ve been the ideal type vs Newcastle.

Them sort of goals he scores…will be useful when team start getting way more defensive with us.

He almost feels like a Freddie type with the importance of the goals he scores….might put a bet on him to score on Sunday just like Freddie did vs United on his debut.

Happy to do business with Brighton. Tony Bloom is a shrewdie who knows the correct price for someone. Won’t be getting stitched up that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I'm liking this signing. We critically needed a body to cover us up top and Trossard will certainly give us that and is able to hit the ground running knowing the league well. As things were going and the way we play it was only a matter of time before one of Saka,Eddie or Martineli broke down with injury. It's simply not sustainable to play our constant pressing game all season with no rotation and not pick up big injuries.

Looking at it from a 'moneyball' perspective this looks an excellent signing. Brighton will know all about that being one of the World's most succesful moneyball style teams. Let's just look at his league stats. Scored 7 in 16 this season. That's as good as our top scorers. His overall record scoring in the prem is 25 in 116 which would include his first couple of years bedding in. Even with that that's still a 1 in 5 record. That's exactly what we need. Even if he can score us 5 goals for the rest of the season while offering us quality cover that could well be enough to win the league.

After doing the obligatory youtube scouting with an incoming player one thing is clear. This boy is a clinical finisher and has a weapon we'll need against the low block teams like Newcastle. He has brillant agility and is able to make space out of nothing to get his shot off. Another key note to take from those highlight goals is that half of them came against the big teams, Us, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool twice. That's a hell of a lot better than being worth £100m due to scoring two against Celtic.

Yes I think this looks a very shrewd signing. You might get some detractors crying that he's 28. Who gives a fcuk about that. We're going for the league now and he's in his prime. I don't care if his legs go next season as long as he produces right here, right now.
    Amen to this

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Amen to this
    He looks like a great bit of business. Has the experience and shouldn’t put a huge dent in the progress of the youngsters within the *project.
    The fallout with Zoobie is quite fortuitous. When you look how Brighton rinsed Chelsea over Fofana and Cucerella, we’ve probably been able to capitalise and get him in the cheap.