Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Nketiah

Nketiah

Great effort at deputising, good work ethic, but he’s still a predatory step away from being top drawer.
    A couple of examples V Spuds where Henry or Kane would have almost certainly put them away. Hindsight and all that but allowing that first effort to bounce cost him the real opportunity and that last attempt fed through by Xhaka showed how his first touch took the ball away from a clear strike.
    The very best don’t wait, or go for the extra touch, they’re just on it.
    I realise this is harsh but it’s fine margins and all that. At this point, I’m not convinced he has a long term future at the number 9.
    Happy to be proven wrong of course. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Great effort at deputising, good work ethic, but he’s still a predatory step away from being top drawer.
    A couple of examples V Spuds where Henry or Kane would have almost certainly put them away. Hindsight and all that but allowing that first effort to bounce cost him the real opportunity and that last attempt fed through by Xhaka showed how his first touch took the ball away from a clear strike.
    I realise this is harsh but it’s fine margins and all that. At this point, I’m not convinced he has a long term future at the number 9.
    Happy to be proven wrong of course. 😁
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Just not quite got the edge to be first choice for a CL team. Is he prepared to be a #2 for the long haul? Very useful to have around. As is Holding who appears to accept his role and even revel in it.

Despite how many goals Terrence scored for us I certainly wouldn't have classed him as a ruthless finisher that scored every 50/50 chance he had. His terrible goal record in cup finals probably backs this up somewhat too. Wrigth and even Eduardo were far more clinical finishers. Eddie is what he is. If you even look back at his goals for England U21's they're not clinical finishes. They mostly came from what he excels at. The timing of his runs and attacking space. Usually from a couple of yards out. He's improved since then though. He still has that but now he's added the prime Togo work ethic as well where's he's running himself into the ground every game not giving the oppostion a seconds peace.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

To be fair, with limited game time & age he's doing well. I can imagine with extreme confidence he'll put away chances for fun. My problem with him is outside finishing and being in the right place at right time, he lacks vision and chooses the wrong passes. Which is fine for some teams who play in a system that suits a poacher, but for us it doesn't suit the fluid system of pass & move imvho. Jesus can dribble through players and pick out a pin point pass.

I can't remember which game it was but Nketiah received the ball and had the easiest pass to make to Xhaka (I think) to be one on one with the keeper, but decided to pass to Martinelli out on the wing and the attack fizzled out to nothing. SMH.

I can't ever see him being 1st choice but I hope he's happy to be a squad player.

I like him and his missed chances against Spurs didn't cost us.
    But there are going to be really tough games along the way where 1 goal might what we need to win and he's got to start to taking those changes.

Either that or Sanogo is availalbe on a free, What I liked about Sanogo is that he was so random and irratic he caused opposing defenders a lot of stress as they had no idea what he was doing. like a spinning top in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Happy to be proven wrong of course. ��
    I thought GX was equally at fault for that chance. If he'd played it when Eddie put his hands up calling for the ball, he'd have had far more time and space.

Also there was one in the first half where he waited for it to drop and the 'keeper saved. I thought that was sensible. The rebound off the goalie might have fallen kindly for us. {And Ganpati willing we'll get the ball falling kindly for us this weekend.} Because there are loads of times when players don't wait for the ball to drop and they blaze it over the bar.

I'm happy with how he's playing but it would be even better if he can improve and create and take more chances.