Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mykhaylo Mudryk reiterates transfer desire as Chelsea rival Arsenal for winger

Mykhaylo Mudryk reiterates transfer desire as Chelsea rival Arsenal for winger

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    of course, injuries to Pulisic and Sterling mean Chavs will be going all out for this but can't see him going to a club so heavily linked to Russia until only 8 months ago

Looks a good player and all on youtube against Ukrainian and Scottish teams but it seems a lot of money for a rotation player. I'm not sure where Arteta expects to fit ESR in. To me his best position for us so far has been rotating on the left wing with Martineli. Comfotably out scoring the Brazilian in doing so too I might add. Perhaps they know more about ESR's long term fitness than we do.

Could be another case of a supposed super talent showing up who's gettable and the scouts just want him signed at all costs before our rivals swoop in. We've been here before when a certain Pepe was signed. I always feel bad for Emery. He never wanted to go near Pepe. Had a deal with Zaha already set up and just needed to be rubber stamped from above but of course was over ruled and the rest is history. Zaha has been one of the leagues best players while Pepe has been, well Pepe. I think there's more to his loaning out than meets the eye. I'm guessing Lille were about to get some massive installments of his transfer based on hitting certain games/goals for Arsenal and Edu and the boys thought fcuk that. We can save 10 million here and get him off the wages. We're certainly not protecting his value anyway loaning him out where he'll be in the last year of his contract come the summer. Still, Pepe should be the bench mark of how Mudryk is valued, not Antony. Pepe's last year in Lille was far better than Mudryk's last year.

Of course the unthinkable about signing Mudryk could well be that Edu has no faith in Saka signing a new contract...
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Looks a good player and all on youtube against Ukrainian and Scottish teams but it seems a lot of money for a rotation player. I'm not sure where Arteta expects to fit ESR in. To me his best position for us so far has been rotating on the left wing with Martineli. Comfotably out scoring the Brazilian in doing so too I might add. Perhaps they know more about ESR's long term fitness than we do.

Could be another case of a supposed super talent showing up who's gettable and the scouts just want him signed at all costs before our rivals swoop in. We've been here before when a certain Pepe was signed. I always feel bad for Emery. He never wanted to go near Pepe. Had a deal with Zaha already set up and just needed to be rubber stamped from above but of course was over ruled and the rest is history. Zaha has been one of the leagues best players while Pepe has been, well Pepe. I think there's more to his loaning out than meets the eye. I'm guessing Lille were about to get some massive installments of his transfer based on hitting certain games/goals for Arsenal and Edu and the boys thought fcuk that. We can save 10 million here and get him off the wages. We're certainly not protecting his value anyway loaning him out where he'll be in the last year of his contract come the summer. Still, Pepe should be the bench mark of how Mudryk is valued, not Antony. Pepe's last year in Lille was far better than Mudryk's last year.

Of course the unthinkable about signing Mudryk could well be that Edu has no faith in Saka signing a new contract...
    Zaha is not one of the leagues best players, AAR. Not even close. That's why he's still at Palace.

And Pepe is a talented player, just not suited to Arteta's style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Zaha is not one of the leagues best players, AAR. Not even close. That's why he's still at Palace.

Since the time Pepe was signed over Zaha, Zaha has a better than 1 in 3 scoring record in the league. That’s up there with the best. You’ll not get many wingers in World football beat that . Grealish has never been close to these numbers and he went for 100m

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Pepe really does have a ton of talent, just not entirely sure he has the "minerals" to succeed

Pepe is still a good player. He’s the exact sort of sub we could have done with against Newcastle’s low block defence.

The Mudryk deal will happen…when I ain’t got a clue but the kid only wants to play for us now so not worried.

There are clubs who can pay him way more than us but he’s a deeply religious kid so he won’t be swayed by money. Don’t know of any other player out there who spends a couple hours every day reading the bible. Weird.

They also need to get the Joe Felix deal done.

No brainer that one. Sort of Kanu X factor that kid plus he’s world class. To be honest they should’ve done this earlier in the week so we could start him vs Oxford.

Now we got to sweat on Eddie not doing a hamstring or something.

I’d like us to keep Cedric and Marquinhos too.

Don’t see the rush to let people go considering what’s to play for.

This a long 2nd half of the season and things can change quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The Mudryk deal will happen…when I ain’t got a clue but the kid only wants to play for us now so not worried.

There are clubs who can pay him way more than us but he’s a deeply religious kid so he won’t be swayed by money. Don’t know of any other player out there who spends a couple hours every day reading the bible. Weird.

They also need to get the Joe Felix deal done.

No brainer that one. Sort of Kanu X factor that kid plus he’s world class. To be honest they should’ve done this earlier in the week so we could start him vs Oxford.

Now we got to sweat on Eddie not doing a hamstring or something.

I’d like us to keep Cedric and Marquinhos too.

Don’t see the rush to let people go considering what’s to play for.

This a long 2nd half of the season and things can change quickly.
    Felix deal would be a no brainer if Atletico weren't asking for 21m for 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Felix deal would be a no brainer if Atletico weren't asking for 21m for 4 months
    The funny thing is the 21m Felix deal would look like a bargain if we were 10 points worse off. You'd kinda think it would be worth the gamble to nail us CL football and double the money back. basically like a professional gambler gambling with an edge. Wenger used to be the master of this tactic when it kept looking like we were going to drop out of the top 4 only for a big splash of cash during the last hrs of the window. I always hear how we never spent big during the Jan window. But we've signed some great players during this time.

Togo, Wally and Diaby

Arshavin

Monreal

Gabriel Paulista

Aubameyang
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM