Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charged again for improper conduct

Charged again for improper conduct

surrounding the ref for the blatant handball vs Oxford. There really is an agenda

In fairness we scored at least one offside goal against Oxford.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    In fairness we scored at least one offside goal against Oxford.
    Yeah but wasn't it wonderful knowing that when the ref pointed to the centre circle you could start celebrating?

Like football again. God I hate VAR.

I’m in the same boat. You can’t enjoy any goal anymore. You have to wait a good minute before it’s safe to celebrate and that’s just for a sure thing legit goal. It’s pure wnak. Get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I’m in the same boat. You can’t enjoy any goal anymore. You have to wait a good minute before it’s safe to celebrate and that’s just for a sure thing legit goal. It’s pure wnak. Get rid of it.
    1st thing that goes through my head when we score is what will be it disallowed for? It shouldn't be like that

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    1st thing that goes through my head when we score is what will be it disallowed for? It shouldn't be like that
    and we spend far more time arguing and moaning about VAR than we ever did about referees so what's the point

oh and when that handball wasn't given Master WES (who likes VAR) pointed out that we would have had a penalty had there been VAR.

I pointed out that if VAR couldn't ask the referee to look at Gabriel being dragged down in the box with his shirt almost pulled off his back, why on earth would he think we would have been given that with VAR?

No reply

I was thinking…but couldn’t we prepare a special shirt for Gabriel that completely tears apart the moment there’s a pull it.

It’s not cheating…just a defect from the manufacturer.

We’d of course need to burn all of the shirts after the game and blame the absence of them on Covid or something.

I just want to know what the ref and VAR will do then when Kane standing there holding half of Gabriel’s shirt in his hand.

Probably book Gabriel for taking his shirt off?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    oh and when that handball wasn't given Master WES (who likes VAR) pointed out that we would have had a penalty had there been VAR.

I pointed out that if VAR couldn't ask the referee to look at Gabriel being dragged down in the box with his shirt almost pulled off his back, why on earth would he think we would have been given that with VAR?

No reply
    I get where Master WES is coming from though, refs won't give penalties, they wait for VAR to do the job for them

The point you all seem to be missing is that it's not actually a penalty and wouldn't have been given had there been VAR.

The arm is still considered in a natural position if it is being used to break your fall onto the ground. I can't remember the incident (it wasn't Arsenal) but we have seen it this season where VAR reviewed one and didn't give a penalty because the circumstances were exactly the same as this.

The other point I don't see mentioned is that I suspect our players were a bit more aggressive with their words towards the referee in that moment as they knew there was no VAR so had the opportunity to influence decisions differently to how they can week in, week out when they have VAR.