Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was expecting Saliba to be sent off for that penalty

I was expecting Saliba to be sent off for that penalty

Didn't even seem to get booked. That's probably the biggest positive to take from that half.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Eddie playing at a 5/10 standard tonight.

Time running out for him to keep his spot or lose it to a January transfer.

Amen Martinelli…stopped the tippy tappy nonsense and drilled it.

A 3rd will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Eddie playing at a 5/10 standard tonight.

Time running out for him to keep his spot or lose it to a January transfer.
    I thought even in the first half when 1-0 down that was one of his better prem perfomances. It was the first time I saw him drop deep and link it up. No he wasn't picking it up and taking 100 touches but he was dropping back and laying it off simple. That's all he needs to do. As the first 2 goals proved. with borderline elite level players bombing in then from the wing in Saka and Martineli. Hold it up, get them on the ball. Boom. Job done. Eddie has been comapraed to Wright before. i've never seen it. Even when he was banging them in for England u21's. All those goals were about his pace and movement and attacking space in the 6 yard box. but today. That was his best ever goal. That was an Ian Wright goal. Say what you like about the defending but he swiveled him and took him out of the game and then give the keeper no chance with an elite finish form a tight angle. That's his best ever finish in an Arsenal shirt. On top of that that's his best perfomance in Arsenal shirt too. I don't care about a hat trick in the league cup. No, this is where it counts. Maybe now we don't need another front man brought in to replace Eddie but instead just to cover him. I say bring in Balagon to cover Eddie for the cup games and the last 10 mins. Very impressed today with Eddie.

Yeah, I thought of Ian Wright too. But I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    I thought even in the first half when 1-0 down that was one of his better prem perfomances. It was the first time I saw him drop deep and link it up. No he wasn't picking it up and taking 100 touches but he was dropping back and laying it off simple. That's all he needs to do. As the first 2 goals proved. with borderline elite level players bombing in then from the wing in Saka and Martineli. Hold it up, get them on the ball. Boom. Job done. Eddie has been comapraed to Wright before. i've never seen it. Even when he was banging them in for England u21's. All those goals were about his pace and movement and attacking space in the 6 yard box. but today. That was his best ever goal. That was an Ian Wright goal. Say what you like about the defending but he swiveled him and took him out of the game and then give the keeper no chance with an elite finish form a tight angle. That's his best ever finish in an Arsenal shirt. On top of that that's his best perfomance in Arsenal shirt too. I don't care about a hat trick in the league cup. No, this is where it counts. Maybe now we don't need another front man brought in to replace Eddie but instead just to cover him. I say bring in Balagon to cover Eddie for the cup games and the last 10 mins. Very impressed today with Eddie.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Agree with all of that.

I accept the prem is more important than the Milk Cup, and that his goal tonight was mostly about the turn. But the finish - just the first time shot part - when we lost to Brighton in the Littlewards cup - was sublime. He never used to score those. Reiss Nelson drove forward from our half starting on the right wing but moving centrally as he ran in diagonally.

This was into the space where Eddie was, so Eddie started running but diagonally out towards the side. The defenders who were chasing or preparing to deal with RN meant that Eddie could get to the corner of the box while staying onside. Great pass from RN. Eddie hits it first time into the far corner.

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men/ed...yid=0_0iwcezi7

Glorious. I love Eddie. Would so love him to come good.

If Eddie can hit the balls like that first time from the corner of the box into the far corner, if he can turn and finish like tonight, if he can keep dropping deep and keeping it simple to link up play, draw CHs out of position and bring our world class wingers into the game and can also drive in diagonally with great dribbling like he did in the final EL game when MA started him out on the left then we could have a serious player on our hands.

We could have an Elephant-Headed God removing all the obstacles thrown in our path by mid-season world cups, injuries and financial doping, thus bringing us the good luck and fortune He is celebrated for.

Just sayin'. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, I thought of Ian Wright too. But I always do.
    He was the studio guest on my stream, but I was doing things during HT and they ended the stream after the game so I didn't get to hear what IWWW had to say about Eddie's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Agree with all of that.

I accept the prem is more important than the Milk Cup, and that his goal tonight was mostly about the turn. But the finish - just the first time shot part - when we lost to Brighton in the Littlewards cup - was sublime. He never used to score those. Reiss Nelson drove forward from our half starting on the right wing but moving centrally as he ran in diagonally.

This was into the space where Eddie was, so Eddie started running but diagonally out towards the side. The defenders who were chasing or preparing to deal with RN meant that Eddie could get to the corner of the box while staying onside. Great pass from RN. Eddie hits it first time into the far corner.

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men/ed...yid=0_0iwcezi7

Glorious. I love Eddie. Would so love him to come good.

If Eddie can hit the balls like that first time from the corner of the box into the far corner, if he can turn and finish like tonight, if he can keep dropping deep and keeping it simple to link up play, draw CHs out of position and bring our world class wingers into the game and can also drive in diagonally with great dribbling like he did in the final EL game when MA started him out on the left then we could have a serious player on our hands.

We could have an Elephant-Headed God removing all the obstacles thrown in our path by mid-season world cups, injuries and financial doping, thus bringing us the good luck and fortune He is celebrated for.

Just sayin'. Just sayin'.
    We need Eddie to be our Chris Wreh this year. He needs to come from nowhere and win us a double. I want us to win pure this season. I want an Eddie pulling a Christ Wreh and getting us over the line or buying a Thuram fella in the last 6 months of his contract and seeing out the season. I will not accept financial doping. We're not signing some name cnut and winning the league. I still get angry with people demanding we spunk £70m on an ESR replacement. No, he's our boy. We're winning the league properly, with class.

We need Eddie to be our Chris Wreh this year. He needs to come from nowhere and win us a double. I want us to win pure this season. I want an Eddie pulling a Christ Wreh and getting us over the line or buying a Thuram fella in the last 6 months of his contract and seeing out the season. I will not accept financial doping. We're not signing some name cnut and winning the league. I still get angry with people demanding we spunk £70m on an ESR replacement. No, he's our boy. We're winning the league properly, with class.
    Again, I agree 100%.

And yes, if Eddie just does enough, wins the double, gets the medals, and never does anything for us again, that would, in it' won way, be heaven.

But I think he can be better than that. I think he can be Skilltord. Not quite as good as the others in the front 4, but good enough to come off the bench or to cover the others when they're injured with the fans happy. And doing it more than just for 3 months in one season and that's that.

I want him to do it this season, but so well we don't bother looking for alternatives in coming seasons. So well that we're happy next year if we don't just start him in cups and group stages, that everyone is happy with him starting against the weaker prem teams to give Jesus a rest.

Perhaps I'm being greedy, but I believe. He's Hale End.

After he replaced Auba and Laca last year, we'd have got top 4 if TP and the 2 FBs hadn't all been out. {Now we have great cover for the 2 FBs, and won't waste games trying Sambi at DM when we know what Mo can do with his experience.}

Also, even with those injuries, Eddie might have got us to top 4 had Rob Holding {who I love} not lost his head in the NLD and got sent off.

He scored 5 in his last 7 last year. And today's goal will do him the world of good. At 0-0 he did really well to create that chance but he should have passed to Saka. He wanted to score to prove himself. Hopefully now he has, when he gets a similar chance next game, he'll just play in Saka or Gabby M or whoever.

I believe. And as you say, it was a gorgeous turn and finish.

Imagine if he'd gone 3 games without a goal and assist. Imagine if he had been missing chances and we'd been dropping points. But no - 3 pts after being behind at HT. Icing on the cake goal. The ground rocking. He can just play his game now. Listen to MA telling him what he wants and how he can improve. If we win the next 2-3 games without dropping points, no-one will care if he doesn't score.

Just like no-one cared Jesus didn't score for a bit, or Saka at the start of the season.

Fun Fact - every since Titi came, can you remember a single season where the no.9 scores more than the no.14?

It would be hilarious if we win the league, with Jesus back at the end, getting us over the line, and winning player of the season. But still having scored fewer than our no.14.