Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canada are quite good

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It's a general comment on VAR not the impact of VAR on this game.

If it creates more controversy than we had with referees and ruins the spontaneity of the game, is that worth getting a few more calls correct?

I think not.
    As a general point I agree - it is not proving the benefit it should. Possibly because all refs are ****s whether they are on the pitch or watching a telly

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    As a general point I agree - it is not proving the benefit it should. Possibly because all refs are ****s whether they are on the pitch or watching a telly
    Yes, the fundamental motivation was that technology would address human error.

The problem is that the technology is in the hands of human beings, who are simply making different errors rather than none at all.

Bin the f*cking thing. Was surprised to see that Paul Joyce in the Times agreed. Not many in the media seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, the fundamental motivation was that technology would address human error.

The problem is that the technology is in the hands of human beings, who are simply making different errors rather than none at all.

Bin the f*cking thing. Was surprised to see that Paul Joyce in the Times agreed. Not many in the media seem to.
    The ref would have given that 2nd one as a penalty without VAR, imo. Instead he thought I'll let VAR to tell me to have a look, which they didn't.