Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Giroud

Giroud

Just seen someone on Twitter say that Giroud is a tap in merchant

He'd have scored another 30 goals for us if that was the case!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Would have won the league with the handsome ******* as well

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Olly G had everything except raw pace. Had he been as quick as Titi he could have been an all time great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Olly G had everything except raw pace. Had he been as quick as Titi he could have been an all time great.
    If he had the pace of Peter Crouch he would have been better. He didn't have any pace at all let alone raw pace. Had a great career though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If he had the pace of Peter Crouch he would have been better. He didn't have any pace at all let alone raw pace. Had a great career though
    Oh, I agree. {Though I still stand by my point that he'd have needed Titi/Feo/RVP/Auba pace to have been an all time great. He never got more than 16 league goals in a season. Crouch pace might have got him to 20, but he'd have needed Titi levels to get to 30.}

I loved Laca for trying {and especially that EL semi where he made the tactical change himself and turned the game round on his own.}

But if we'd bought Auba, not Laca, and kept Olly for Plan B/4-4-2 then we might not have lost Arsène.

Taken they 35 mil ManUtd offered for Alexis that winter {not Mhikki} and add it to the fifty mil spend on Auba, use the dosh to buy two midget No.10s* that winter and we'd have stayed in the CL easily.

*Yes, a DM would have been useful. But that was true since Gilby left so doubt AW was gonna see the light.

But with Auba and Olly up front in the semis as opposed to Laca and Welbeck, we might well have won the comp.