Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would take a pervert like Luis Anaconda to speak authoritatively on this but

It would take a pervert like Luis Anaconda to speak authoritatively on this but

despite it being ARGENTINA!!! - how many of the starting 11 they had out there today would get into Arsenal's first 11?

Messi, there's one.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    despite it being ARGENTINA!!! - how many of the starting 11 they had out there today would get into Arsenal's first 11?

Messi, there's one.
    Marti....oh

Messi, there's one.
    Interesting - where would play Messi in our current formation. As one of the wide men or in Odegaard's position. I'm not even sure he would get in without a change in the way we play (bearing in mind the pressing part of the game). Big fan of Lautaro Martínez - close between him and Jesus. And Armani the reserve keeper might be a good fit, he's a fashionable choice and he might suit us

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Marti....oh
    Perhaps I've just lost touch but I barely recognised a player in their first 11. Di Maria doesn't get in our team ahead of Saka or Martinelli or Odegaard. Martinez, as you said.

Not sure anyone other than Messi does. And this was the team most journos picked to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Interesting - where would play Messi in our current formation. As one of the wide men or in Odegaard's position. I'm not even sure he would get in without a change in the way we play (bearing in mind the pressing part of the game). Big fan of Lautaro Martínez - close between him and Jesus. And Armani the reserve keeper might be a good fit, he's a fashionable choice and he might suit us
    He took his 2 offside goals superbly.

Perhaps I've just lost touch but I barely recognised a player in their first 11. Di Maria doesn't get in our team ahead of Saka or Martinelli or Odegaard. Martinez, as you said.

Not sure anyone other than Messi does. And this was the team most journos picked to win it.
    I fancied them to win - more on the results they have had recently (Copa America winners), and lack of any real outstanding team, then close attention to their squad. Might turn that Romero isn't the best centre half in the world as Spurs fans would have you believe. And Ramsdale is better than Martinez

He took his 2 offside goals superbly.
    Not seen them but radio suggested they were rather tight

Also on the plus side - those Saudis might have won a transfer to Newcastle after Christmas - good luck Eddie

Martinez 1st one and Messi one were both very tight, 2nd Martinez one was a good yard off.

Martinez 1st one and Messi one were both very tight, 2nd Martinez one was a good yard off.
    Fair enough. Not really sure I like this "semi-automated" offside nonsense