Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before I went to bed last night. 'WORLD WAR 3!'

Before I went to bed last night. 'WORLD WAR 3!'

wake up to. 'errr maybe not'

Unpopular opinion but I don't trust that Ukraine fella at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    wake up to. 'errr maybe not'

Unpopular opinion but I don't trust that Ukraine fella at all.
    I'm not suggesting that ol' Volodymyr is some sort of saint, f, but be fair - he hasn't sent his tanks into Russia and slaughtered loads of civilians, has he? Between him and Mad Vlad P he's definitely the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not suggesting that ol' Volodymyr is some sort of saint, f, but be fair - he hasn't sent his tanks into Russia and slaughtered loads of civilians, has he? Between him and Mad Vlad P he's definitely the lesser of two evils.
    Absolutely, Zelensky is a complete chancer but hardly a mass-murdering sociopath

Here's a short video the glw and I whipped up at the start of the war, if you're interested. We were in Chernihiv in 2000 with British Humanitarian aid and one of us crusties set up her own charity in the Donbass afterwards that my missus filmed for her some years later.

She became friendly with her driver, Vlad, who joined the army in December and has been fighting since Feb. We all got chatting on Messenger {FB text message} and we've got his daughter and her bf over on refugee visas staying at our mates with a big house near by.

Respect for actually being on the side of righteousness. You have no idea how many fückwits want Putin to win because the war's bad for the economy {right}, they don't like the west {left} or Zelensky looks a bit shifty {Fash.}

https://vimeo.com/710778149

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Absolutely, Zelensky is a complete chancer but hardly a mass-murdering sociopath
    They have a comedian as president and a boxer as mayor and are doing fine.

We've had BoJo/Truss/Sunak and Khan. Know who I'd choose.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    If only Ian Harvey and Jorge were around to share their wisdom on this matter

I'm sure it would be terribly enlightening

I was drinking with a young (well 41-year-old, young to us) Russian lady on Sunday night. She was born in Moscow, but has a Ukrainian mother (who lives in Italy) and is estranged from her father, half-Russian, half Ukrainian very high up in Gazprom (oligarch territory). She was not very fond of Putin - almost hated him as much as her ex-boyfriend (a very good friend of mine, but an utter **** to women). Moral of this story is - don't get drunk in a Munich pub with a sexy blonde Russian on a Sunday night. And Putin is a ****

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    If only Ian Harvey and Jorge were around to share their wisdom on this matter

I'm sure it would be terribly enlightening
    IH is very much anti-Putin, wes, whatever you think his faults are

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Without even a hint of 'and we're to blame as well'?

Perhaps he's finally grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Even my mate who married a Ruski and has always been very pro-Putin has admitted he was wrong.....and he never admits he's wrong