Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I’ve done no prep work for the Qatar thingy

I’ve done no prep work for the Qatar thingy

Can y’all brief on whose going to win and who the top goal scorer will be.

Just a complete random pick but don’t think Bukayo at 100/1 is that far fetched.

General is thoughts on the teams:

Brazil - garbage midfield
    Argentina - are we still pinning our hopes on Messi?
    England - Maguire cannot start…would rather one of the ladies than him.
    Italy - can’t seem them in the betting
    France - totally and utterly went into meltdown vs the Swiss in the Euros
    Netherland - far better Dutch sides have failed to win easier editions of this tournament
    Belgium - I feel like this is last chance saloon for the golden generation…is Hazard still playing?
    Portugal - Wolves looked pretty dreadful vs Arsenal
    Germany - the default winner?
    Denmark - looked pretty tasty in the Euros? Might need to look at them closer
    Switzerland - why are they 90/1 and not 900/1?
    USA - 2026 on home soil feels more like their chance for a deep run

What’s the skinny on the other teams? I’m thinking if Japan are producing players like Tommy then they might be worth a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can y’all brief on whose going to win and who the top goal scorer will be.

Just a complete random pick but don’t think Bukayo at 100/1 is that far fetched.

General is thoughts on the teams:

Brazil - garbage midfield
    Argentina - are we still pinning our hopes on Messi?
    England - Maguire cannot start…would rather one of the ladies than him.
    Italy - can’t seem them in the betting
    France - totally and utterly went into meltdown vs the Swiss in the Euros
    Netherland - far better Dutch sides have failed to win easier editions of this tournament
    Belgium - I feel like this is last chance saloon for the golden generation…is Hazard still playing?
    Portugal - Wolves looked pretty dreadful vs Arsenal
    Germany - the default winner?
    Denmark - looked pretty tasty in the Euros? Might need to look at them closer
    Switzerland - why are they 90/1 and not 900/1?
    USA - 2026 on home soil feels more like their chance for a deep run

What’s the skinny on the other teams? I’m thinking if Japan are producing players like Tommy then they might be worth a quick look.
    Not sure the Brazil midfield really matters, so much talent up front. They only really need to keep one or two 'midfielders' fit and they'll be fine.

Dark horse, Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not sure the Brazil midfield really matters, so much talent up front. They only really need to keep one or two 'midfielders' fit and they'll be fine.

Dark horse, Serbia
    Good shout on Serbia - very tasty squad

I see the Iwo Jiman’s are getting tipped up.

Something about their exceptionally high XG…whatever the fark that is.

That’s…a rather odd auto correct

Should be Uruguayans.

I’m leaning towards Portugal here.

I was harsh with the Wolves comment because there’s not many of them in the side.

Feels like the best age range mix with a collection of youth, experience and older heads.

Some world class players in here in key positions too ie Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Ruben Neves, Bruno…nice spine imo

Wily Carvalho is just a don and I still don’t know how come we never signed him…always seemed to be linked with him back in the day.

Looked tasty the other night with Bruno and Joao Felix running the show vs Nigeria and I like the idea of using Cristiano as a super sub…he could relish this.

Could be peaking at the right time because I suspect most of them have been taking a bit too easy at their clubs recently.

Finally…they’re the right skin colour to win in this heat

Not too white…not too black…perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I’m leaning towards Portugal here.

I was harsh with the Wolves comment because there’s not many of them in the side.

Feels like the best age range mix with a collection of youth, experience and older heads.

Some world class players in here in key positions too ie Ruben Dias, Cancelo, Ruben Neves, Bruno…nice spine imo

Wily Carvalho is just a don and I still don’t know how come we never signed him…always seemed to be linked with him back in the day.

Looked tasty the other night with Bruno and Joao Felix running the show vs Nigeria and I like the idea of using Cristiano as a super sub…he could relish this.

Could be peaking at the right time because I suspect most of them have been taking a bit too easy at their clubs recently.

Finally…they’re the right skin colour to win in this heat

Not too white…not too black…perfect.
    Argentina for me

Why
    The
    F U C K
    Did
    He
    Take
    Saka
    Off?

could’ve had golden boot done n dusted