Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures have probably been kind but we’re there on merit.

Fixtures have probably been kind but we’re there on merit.

The Kroenke’s will never get a better chance to lift the PL; hoping they’ll back Arteta in the window. Spuds, Newcastle and Utd have more quality depth squads at this point. If we’re still there at the end of Jan, it might just be on. COYG.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The Kroenke’s will never get a better chance to lift the PL; hoping they’ll back Arteta in the window. Spuds, Newcastle and Utd have more quality depth squads at this point. If we’re still there at the end of Jan, it might just be on. COYG.
    Stronger squads? United possibly, Newcastle certainly don't and not really sure spurs do either.

Dec/Jan fixtures will really sort out where we end up
    West Ham (H) - 3 points
    Brighton (A) - 1 point
    Newcastle (H) - 3 points
    scum (A) - 1 point
    Man United (H) - 3 points
    Everton (A) - 3 points

I'd be delighted with that.

I suspect we'll get nothing away at the scum and Brighton we just can't seem to play well against!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Stronger squads? United possibly, Newcastle certainly don't and not really sure spurs do either.

West Ham (H) - 3 points
    Brighton (A) - 1 point
    Newcastle (H) - 3 points
    scum (A) - 1 point
    Everton (A) - 3 points

I suspect we'll get nothing away at the scum and Brighton we just can't seem to play well against!
    Fair call on the pts but I’m still of the view we’re conceding depth in quality. We’re screwed if Partey, Xhaka or Jesus get injured. The barcodes have been without Isak and St M for weeks but can still fall back on Wilson, Joelinton & Wood. We’re down to Nketiah, meh. Spuds are still clinging on to third with Son, Richarlison and Kulusevski missing for games ?
    I’m just not convinced we can cope with a couple of long term injuries when you factor in the bench. ESR is really our only proven back up. The midfield, in particular, looks desperately thin.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Fair call on the pts but I’m still of the view we’re conceding depth in quality. We’re screwed if Partey, Xhaka or Jesus get injured. The barcodes have been without Isak and St M for weeks but can still fall back on Wilson, Joelinton & Wood. We’re down to Nketiah, meh. Spuds are still clinging on to third with Son, Richarlison and Kulusevski missing for games ?
    I’m just not convinced we can cope with a couple of long term injuries when you factor in the bench. ESR is really our only proven back up. The midfield, in particular, looks desperately thin.
    Both spurs and have nowhere near the depth defensively that we do. Kane gets injured and spurs are ****ed. I literally have no idea how spurs are still in the top 4. 2 weeks on the bounce they've scraped a win when undeserved

Both spurs and have nowhere near the depth defensively that we do. Kane gets injured and spurs are ****ed. I literally have no idea how spurs are still in the top 4. 2 weeks on the bounce they've scraped a win when undeserved
    That’s true. We’re so used to them capitulating; their new found resilience when falling behind is beginning to seriously p1ss me off.

West Ham (H) - 3 points
    Brighton (A) - 1 point
    Newcastle (H) - 3 points
    scum (A) - 1 point
    Everton (A) - 3 points

Do we have any idea when the City game is likely to be re-scheduled for?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Do we have any idea when the City game is likely to be re-scheduled for?
    No, I don't think so. Also have the Everton home game to rearrange as well

No, I don't think so. Also have the Everton home game to rearrange as well
    Probably be made to play them back to back

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Probably be made to play them back to back
    I believe we have avoided that fate by topping our EL group, whereas United will have to play back to back games due to available fixture dates.

I believe we have avoided that fate by topping our EL group, whereas United will have to play back to back games due to available fixture dates.
    Ah well