Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Virtue signalling nonsense part 3543

Virtue signalling nonsense part 3543

"I'm not going to watch the WC because Qatari's are bad people"

It's going ahead, it makes no difference at this stage. All the protesting should have been done at the time it was awarded, you've left it waaaaaayyyy to late!
    Neither Russia or Qatar should have been awarded the WC but they did and moaning about 3 weeks before it starts is pointless.
    I hope it's a massive failure on every level but I will watch it. It's not the players fault and frankly, I hate the summer break without football, no chance I'm going a month without it for some virtue signalling *******s

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    "I'm not going to watch the WC because Qatari's are bad people"

It's going ahead, it makes no difference at this stage. All the protesting should have been done at the time it was awarded, you've left it waaaaaayyyy to late!
    Neither Russia or Qatar should have been awarded the WC but they did and moaning about 3 weeks before it starts is pointless.
    I hope it's a massive failure on every level but I will watch it. It's not the players fault and frankly, I hate the summer break without football, no chance I'm going a month without it for some virtue signalling *******s

Rant over
    I'm not going to offer an opinion until I know what Ian Harvey thinks

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'm not going to offer an opinion until I know what Ian Harvey thinks
    He hates international football - not pretentious, I mean technical, enough

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He hates international football - not pretentious, I mean technical, enough
    Too accessible.

my limited expeirence* of Qatar was fine.

*stuck most of the time in Doha Airport
    Where they had a duty free Lamborghini for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    my limited expeirence* of Qatar was fine.

*stuck most of the time in Doha Airport
    Where they had a duty free Lamborghini for sale.
    I was also stuck there for a better part of the day as a result of a visa screw up when travelling to Dubai.

Had to take a morning flight there then the 3pm return to Dubai. I had the taxi chap take me to one of the two malls in Doha where I discovered that none of the restaurants served alcohol

Walking/sitting around a mall in Doha for 5 hours completely sober was one of the least enjoyable things to have happen to me on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was also stuck there for a better part of the day as a result of a visa screw up when travelling to Dubai.

Had to take a morning flight there then the 3pm return to Dubai. I had the taxi chap take me to one of the two malls in Doha where I discovered that none of the restaurants served alcohol

Walking/sitting around a mall in Doha for 5 hours completely sober was one of the least enjoyable things to have happen to me on holiday.
    I feel your pain. I was once stuck in Oman – in the middle of a World Cup - in a hotel with no alcohol licence, for four days. Had a Heineken on the flight back and even that tasted good

A Qatar World Cup ambassador has said that homosexuality is "damage in the mind" and LGBTQ+ people attending the tournament should "accept our rules."

-

Well this escalated….

I would think that given all of the virtue signalling from England with BLM and the Democratic Party (yes the Dems promo video in the last election included a photos of our players taking the knee) it would be only right if Southgate pulls the team out from the tournament.

Anything less makes them a complete fraud.

I’m not sure why there hasn’t been more of a campaign for this to happen from Jorge’s people.