Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this country so miserable?

Why is this country so miserable?

And that's coming from me a grumpy type.

I watch other countries news channels and they seem to actually present the news in a sensible way.

Here is rickydickulous

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I watch other countries news channels and they seem to actually present the news in a sensible way.

Here is rickydickulous
    I mean, I'm no economist but giving these measures 4 days before demanding everyone be sacked seems a little churlish. Shall we see where we are in 6 months or maybe even a year before getting hysterical????

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I mean, I'm no economist but giving these measures 4 days before demanding everyone be sacked seems a little churlish. Shall we see where we are in 6 months or maybe even a year before getting hysterical????
    Liz Truss has been in government for 12 years and shown very little signs of competence in any of her roles. Her MPs don't like her and she only got a narrow majority in a one-horse race once it got to the membership. Excuse me if I don't have much confidence in her

6 months! You mean wait until that yapping little titmouse has completely kuntéd us

and we are all destitute. It is absurd that this pitifully limited and mediocre woman is the PM. I want Bozza back so I can enjoy despising the fat dribbling c.unt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    and we are all destitute. It is absurd that this pitifully limited and mediocre woman is the PM. I want Bozza back so I can enjoy despising the fat dribbling c.unt again.
    The witch hunt for Boris was despicable. I miss the bumbling fool

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Liz Truss has been in government for 12 years and shown very little signs of competence in any of her roles. Her MPs don't like her and she only got a narrow majority in a one-horse race once it got to the membership. Excuse me if I don't have much confidence in her
    All fair comments, still don't think you can judge the CX mini budget after 4 days, though.

All fair comments, still don't think you can judge the CX mini budget after 4 days, though.
    Yeah - I don't really understand economics anyway (started doing it for A level and gave up at the end of the first term and switched to English - a very wise move)

Not to worry, F. The Herd is on the case so expect things to improve presently.

Although I must say, I never knew EIE meant "Enough Is Enough"

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Here is rickydickulous
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - I don't really understand economics anyway (started doing it for A level and gave up at the end of the first term and switched to English - a very wise move)
    £ is now higher against the $ than on budget day.

I also binned economics......and shortly afterwards, college

£ is now higher against the $ than on budget day.

I also binned economics......and shortly afterwards, college
    Absolutely astonishing that the markets react this way to the 6th largest economy in the world dropping income tax 1p and eliminating 5% of tax on people that are a tiny % of the population.

The media and the markets should be ashamed of themselves. On the upside, insane overreaction like this means there is money to be made. I expect people will be piling in to GBP about now.

Same as 2008 really, but much smaller in scale.