Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the harm in going after Zaha ?

Where is the harm in going after Zaha ?

So many pluses from impact sub to balance sheet between now and May.
    Wouldn’t blur the futures of Balogun, ESR, Nketiah either.
    Loves the club and would likely contribute more than the other two rip off merchants from a standing start.
    I’d be far more concerned over the lack of depth in midfield in an injury crisis.

I'm in the same mindset. 1 in 3 scoring record. Has the trickery to be equally as good against a low block as a high line. He might have 6 months left on his contract but you'd still have to pay at least 15m due to his value to Palace, maybe even more. I'd guess he'd want in the £120'000 a week range and a 3 year contract. There's a gamble there that his legs might go like they did with Auba when he re-signed. Still, even at that he'd at a minimum lock down CL football. And could well be the difference in winning the title. ESR, Martineli and now Jesus have all had major surgery the last few years. There's every chance any of those could have a major set back as the season goes on, Jesus might not even kick a ball for the rest of the season for all we know. I'm still annoyed Balongun wasn't recalled on the first of Jan for this reason. He'd be starting tonight and would have been at least on the bench for the last few games and likely every other game as the season goes on. A disaster last Jan window cost out CL football. And it wasn't to do with a big monster signing. It was done to with gutting the squad of decent squad players.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Loves the club and would likely contribute more than the other two rip off merchants from a standing start.
    I’d be far more concerned over the lack of depth in midfield in an injury crisis.
    Who are the other two rip off merchants?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Who are the other two rip off merchants?
    Mudryk. The £100m bloke, who despite his raw talent, turned out 8 times for his Country and has yet to score. Has also been loaned out twice and made around 50 appearances for Shaktar in a crap league. You really couldn’t make this one up. 🤣
    Felix appears to be the other guy linked.

1. Zaha will demand enormous wages
    2. He's a liability and will get sent off at least once
    3. He failed at his last big club
    4. Martinelli is better
    5. Mudryk is a super talent and young, fits the Arteta player profile.
    6. ESR is better

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    1. Zaha will demand enormous wages
    2. He's a liability and will get sent off at least once
    3. He failed at his last big club
    4. Martinelli is better
    5. Mudryk is a super talent and young, fits the Arteta player profile.
    6. ESR is better
    Mudryk remains a prospect at best. No experience at this level on a weekly basis. Will need time to develop. He’s a longer term investment, not what’s needed between now and May.
    Zaha is on 120k a week at Palace. Only 20k more than Eddie. He’s also in no position at this stage to demand huge numbers either.
    Martinelli & ESR are here for the long term hopefully. There’s no threat from Zaha in interrupting that progress, there could be from Mudryk.

The club needs a bolster solution with proven talent to support any injury crisis. We may get lucky from a prospect but we have enough of those anyway.
    I’m fairly sure ESR would look like Cruyff in that Ukrainian league too.

It’s a fair comment. Something that nobody is bringing up is that what Balagun has done in France this year is far more impressive than what Mudryk is doing in a farmers league and against a Scottish team in the cl.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    It’s a fair comment. Something that nobody is bringing up is that what Balagun has done in France this year is far more impressive than what Mudryk is doing in a farmers league and against a Scottish team in the cl.
    I would suggest Zinchenko knows more about the player and his potential

£50m would be a fair deal. £60m you’d grind your teeth and get it done. Only Bohely would pay more but unfortunately he’s in the market for him. We just have to hope the player makes a fuss and demands only a transfer to Arsenal. The last time a massive prospect left the Ukrainian league was Shevchenko. He was worth the massive fee. He had a hat trick at the Nou Camp on his cv and utterly destroyed us at Wembley.

Mudryk remains a prospect at best. No experience at this level on a weekly basis. Will need time to develop. He’s a longer term investment, not what’s needed between now and May.
    Zaha is on 120k a week at Palace. Only 20k more than Eddie. He’s also in no position at this stage to demand huge numbers either.
    Martinelli & ESR are here for the long term hopefully. There’s no threat from Zaha in interrupting that progress, there could be from Mudryk.

The club needs a bolster solution with proven talent to support any injury crisis. We may get lucky from a prospect but we have enough of those anyway.
    I’m fairly sure ESR would look like Cruyff in that Ukrainian league too.
    Regardless of what we think of the Ukrainian chappie or Zaha, I'm not convinced Zaha would come to Arsenal to be a substitute and I'm not convinced Edu would pay him the wages he would want in order to be a substitute.

And we have no example of Arteta and Edu wanting proven players on high wages to provide us with depth.