Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Well what a nice young lad Marquinhos is

Well what a nice young lad Marquinhos is

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    10 characters
    Agreed. I hope he changes his first name to Gabriel. Then we'd have 3 Gabby Ms and 1 Gabby Jesus. I watched the goals of his U21 debut where he scored one, won a pelanty and made one. But a goal and assist on senior debut was even better.

We slowed Martinelli's development by giving a huge contract to that cünt Willian, but he's now made left wing his own.

MA clearly wanted a winger as cover for Saka. A fit ESR or Fabio V could play there, but they're more Arsène-style no.10s being played wide. Arteta wanted another out and out winger. And Marquinhos could be it. Save us a fortune to spend elsewhere and let's watch him develop into a right sided Martinelli.

Loved the way he kissed the ground after scoring. Hope he keeps it up.

Eddie played well, too. He seems happy with his role and has looked useful every time he's been on the pitch this season.

And that pass from Fabio for the 1st goal was lush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Agreed. I hope he changes his first name to Gabriel. Then we'd have 3 Gabby Ms and 1 Gabby Jesus. I watched the goals of his U21 debut where he scored one, won a pelanty and made one. But a goal and assist on senior debut was even better.

We slowed Martinelli's development by giving a huge contract to that cünt Willian, but he's now made left wing his own.

MA clearly wanted a winger as cover for Saka. A fit ESR or Fabio V could play there, but they're more Arsène-style no.10s being played wide. Arteta wanted another out and out winger. And Marquinhos could be it. Save us a fortune to spend elsewhere and let's watch him develop into a right sided Martinelli.

Loved the way he kissed the ground after scoring. Hope he keeps it up.

Eddie played well, too. He seems happy with his role and has looked useful every time he's been on the pitch this season.

And that pass from Fabio for the 1st goal was lush.
    That simply isn't true Martinelli was recovering from a serious knee injury - that slowed his progress down

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That simply isn't true Martinelli was recovering from a serious knee injury - that slowed his progress down
    In 2020-21, Willian played 37 times{25 in the EPL.} Gabby M played 22 {14 in the EPL.} I know he was injured for the first half of that season but Willian still got in his way later on.

Though it was really ESR whose progress was blocked by the cünt. He was playing really well in Europa that autumn/winter but didn't replace Willian in the league until we beat the Chavs 3-1 Boxing Day.

But my point was simply that we tried to buy a winger but didn't. Raphinia or whoever would probably be a much better player at this moment in time, but Marquinhos has a chance to take that place in the squad. {Just like we thought we were gonna get 2 new strikers last summer until Eddie proved he's good enough for the 2nd place. And Mo was good enough to be given another year as TP's cover meaning we can hopefully spend big on the position next summer.}

I really hope he takes it.

Btw, what did you make of Fabio V? The two touches and then the exquisite pass for the first was very encouraging. He could be another Wenger no.10. Can never have too many of those. {Just like Saliba looks like another GG centre half. And you can never have too many of those, either.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    In 2020-21, Willian played 37 times{25 in the EPL.} Gabby M played 22 {14 in the EPL.} I know he was injured for the first half of that season but Willian still got in his way later on.

Though it was really ESR whose progress was blocked by the cünt. He was playing really well in Europa that autumn/winter but didn't replace Willian in the league until we beat the Chavs 3-1 Boxing Day.

But my point was simply that we tried to buy a winger but didn't. Raphinia or whoever would probably be a much better player at this moment in time, but Marquinhos has a chance to take that place in the squad. {Just like we thought we were gonna get 2 new strikers last summer until Eddie proved he's good enough for the 2nd place. And Mo was good enough to be given another year as TP's cover meaning we can hopefully spend big on the position next summer.}

I really hope he takes it.

Btw, what did you make of Fabio V? The two touches and then the exquisite pass for the first was very encouraging. He could be another Wenger no.10. Can never have too many of those. {Just like Saliba looks like another GG centre half. And you can never have too many of those, either.}
    Willian made 16 league starts - 12 before Martinelli was fit and 2 alongside him, no holding back at all. ESR wasn't held back either - he didn't play in that position then and arguably it isn't his position now. He wasn't actually featuring on the bench much either so even without Willian he probably wouldn't have got much game time. The Chelsea selection was out of the blue and arguably a massive gamble that paid for MA.

Anyway - history as you –*very impressed with Viera (and agree and Marquinos). Not sure what you mean by a Wenger No 10 as you have lumped in massively different players into that category in the past. For me, he can play in the wide positions but is much better as a deeper-lying player like Cesc (before he tried to do everything) or a David Silva - in fact Silva is the player I would say he most resembles. Very promising. Loved the first goal - great pass from FV but Eddie's run was superb. Have to be honest, I didn't see this sort if player in Eddie but clearly Arteta spotted something and there was a reason he was so keen to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Willian made 16 league starts - 12 before Martinelli was fit and 2 alongside him, no holding back at all. ESR wasn't held back either - he didn't play in that position then and arguably it isn't his position now. He wasn't actually featuring on the bench much either so even without Willian he probably wouldn't have got much game time. The Chelsea selection was out of the blue and arguably a massive gamble that paid for MA.

Anyway - history as you –*very impressed with Viera (and agree and Marquinos). Not sure what you mean by a Wenger No 10 as you have lumped in massively different players into that category in the past. For me, he can play in the wide positions but is much better as a deeper-lying player like Cesc (before he tried to do everything) or a David Silva - in fact Silva is the player I would say he most resembles. Very promising. Loved the first goal - great pass from FV but Eddie's run was superb. Have to be honest, I didn't see this sort if player in Eddie but clearly Arteta spotted something and there was a reason he was so keen to keep him
    By Wenger no.10s I mean players {pref midgets} who can play as a ten, wide or as an eight. Cesc, Nasri, Santi etc.

Eddie always said "judge me after a run of games" and by luck - the Auba and Laca ****ups - he got that run and proved he wasworth a new deal.

When he started to break into the first team at the start of Covid, we saw that he could create from deep, but he'd basically been a box poacher when we were bringing on a second striker looking for a goal.

He's learnt how to come deep and link like Laca did and he's also now being able to cut in from out wide like Auba did without losing his poaching abilities. I think having Jesus to learn from will also help him.

As will the fact that he's won the manager over and got a new contract. When he comes on, he won't feel like he has to score to prove a point. Just do what the manager wants for the team, even that's simply running the clock down.

Also, MA has a system and as the regular 2nd choice striker he now knows how to play in it. Ganpati willing, he'll simply keep getting better and better.

That was just what he needed after those cameos. Did well in the link up play in MF, but scored a poacher's goal and made one from the wings. {Only taking one touch and, after looking to see where Marquie was, delaying his pass perfectly.}

With everyone fit, we do have all the building blocs in place. 7 defenders good enough to start. Eddie, ESR, Vieira and Marq as the B-team front 4. Everyone 25 or under.

It's simply the MF. Sambi's young and will make it. It's now simply a case of finding the young, longer term replacements for TP and GX. So can concentrate on one or two of those next summer. {And another teenage Brazza, just for fun.}