Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC Zurich…what sort of banter club is this?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'll be honest, I've always thought it a slightly better competition than the CL, on the basis that we 'might' actually win it. Whereas the CL we 'won't' win
    I quite like football on a Thursday night as well. Only one day to make it through to the weekend after. Not too crazy about Sunday games though.

Liverpool fan in my office isn't talking to me today for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I quite like football on a Thursday night as well. Only one day to make it through to the weekend after. Not too crazy about Sunday games though.

Liverpool fan in my office isn't talking to me today for some reason
    Liverpool fan in ours is claiming he has covid and can't come into the office today.

Sunday matches piss me off, especially when we're not on the tellybox

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Liverpool fan in ours is claiming he has covid and can't come into the office today.

Sunday matches piss me off, especially when we're not on the tellybox
    Also a pain in the arse when Utd are going to be on Sunday too. Though I have a well-trained bar owner and staff who will prioritise Arsenal games

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One eats the food of the country of the opposition on Champion's League nights, la -not for whatever Mickey Mouse competition this Thursday night nonsense is.*

*I'll go mental if we win it mind.
    An excuse for a fondue, no? I always used ABC cheeses - Appenzeller, Beaufort and Comté. But in Paris, I couldn't find any Appenzeller in the supermarkets near by and was too tight to go and pay 2-3x the price by weight in a fromagerie. So I found another cheese beginning with A - Abondance, a semi-hard cheese from Haute-Savoie and made with lait cru.

Worked perfectly. And it's a nice cheese. After having used it in the fondue, and munched a couple of chunks while prepping, I liked it enough to buy some more when getting a selection of cheeses to go with the truffled saucisson sec and this rather nice Burgundy they sell in Nicholas at 20% off a lot of the time, so only €6.90.

Gave my mate a glass and asked him how much he thought it cost. He guessed €15 and was shocked when I told him. Even without the discount it would still have been under nine.

Just looked. Duc de Belmont. But now €9.50. But still great value for a quaffing Burgundy to go with a plate of meat and cheeses. Try one next time you're over there, C.

https://www.nicolas.com/en/Wines/DUC.../p/489603.html